Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
They are taught to begin with the end in mind and make a plan to reach their goals.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Children are taught to seek first to understand then be understood. The children are helpful, caring, and support one another in the classroom. The VIKES program for support of children with autism is a perfect example of teaching compassion and understanding.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
This school has implemented basic personality trait teaching from the 7-habits as well as core values of "the leader in me".

Posted November 23, 2014
The teachers go above and beyond to provide the services each child needs. The base camps are fantastic at exposing each child to educational areas according to their areas of need and their strengths.

Posted September 17, 2013
Shields is a great place for my children to learn. The teachers are sensitive, focused and motivated to help our children be someone great. I feel that not only are my children getting a great education but they are also safe and nurtured while they are there. I love to volunteer at the school because the atmosphere is so fun and exciting. Each and every day I look forward to asking my children what they did at school. Shields Elementary is the best!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is a wonderful place for children to learn. The entire staff is very qualified and happy about teaching the kids. Every aspect of the children's day is made positive and conducive to learning. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent.

Posted September 10, 2013
Shields takes care of the students needs the best they can. I am thankful to send my kids to such a caring environment. All the teachers, lunch aides,lunch servers, secretaries, janitors and principal have a special place in their heart for all the children no matter what grade that child is in. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 04, 2013
I have 2 boys that attend Shields one in 1st grade and one in 4th grade. They both loves the school and teachers and staff. They go to school happy in the morning and are excited to tell me about their day when I pick them up after school. The teachers send home letters to keep you up to date on what is going on and you're always welcome to call, email or visit the teachers and school. Last year I had an issue the I talked to the principal about and within 2 days things were changed to make it a better experience for my child. I love everything about the school and staff. I volunteer there regularly to help in the classrooms and anywhere I'm needed. I always feel welcomed and appreciated. I makes me feel good knowing my kids are in good hands when I send them to school and that they are learning a lot. I'm so happy in fact that I drive my kids to and from school everyday because we don't live in the school district, we live in Hemlock which is about 10-15 minutes away. So very happy with the school and what it has to offer!

Posted September 03, 2013
Love this school! The parent participation is outstanding & the staff is amazing! I actively help with many fundraising efforts knowing the funds raised are put towards our kids & their education!

Shields Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2010
This school does not deal with bullying- they ignore it and hope it goes away.

6900 Stroebel Road, Saginaw, MI  48609
Last modified Shields Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.