Posted November 05, 2013
Each and every day I am amazed at how supportive and friendly the staff at Shields Elementary is. Thank you for constantly looking out for the well being of our children and making sure to target areas in learning that we need improvement on. Your school strives to become the very best and is consistently making changes to improve!!

Posted September 17, 2013
Shields is a great place for my children to learn. The teachers are sensitive, focused and motivated to help our children be someone great. I feel that not only are my children getting a great education but they are also safe and nurtured while they are there. I love to volunteer at the school because the atmosphere is so fun and exciting. Each and every day I look forward to asking my children what they did at school. Shields Elementary is the best!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is a wonderful place for children to learn. The entire staff is very qualified and happy about teaching the kids. Every aspect of the children's day is made positive and conducive to learning. I would definitely recommend this school to any parent.

Posted September 10, 2013
Shields takes care of the students needs the best they can. I am thankful to send my kids to such a caring environment. All the teachers, lunch aides,lunch servers, secretaries, janitors and principal have a special place in their heart for all the children no matter what grade that child is in. Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 04, 2013
I have 2 boys that attend Shields one in 1st grade and one in 4th grade. They both loves the school and teachers and staff. They go to school happy in the morning and are excited to tell me about their day when I pick them up after school. The teachers send home letters to keep you up to date on what is going on and you're always welcome to call, email or visit the teachers and school. Last year I had an issue the I talked to the principal about and within 2 days things were changed to make it a better experience for my child. I love everything about the school and staff. I volunteer there regularly to help in the classrooms and anywhere I'm needed. I always feel welcomed and appreciated. I makes me feel good knowing my kids are in good hands when I send them to school and that they are learning a lot. I'm so happy in fact that I drive my kids to and from school everyday because we don't live in the school district, we live in Hemlock which is about 10-15 minutes away. So very happy with the school and what it has to offer!

Posted September 03, 2013
Love this school! The parent participation is outstanding & the staff is amazing! I actively help with many fundraising efforts knowing the funds raised are put towards our kids & their education!

Shields Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2010
This school does not deal with bullying- they ignore it and hope it goes away.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted February 10, 2008
I have two kids at this school and we love it. The staff really care about the children!

Posted August 19, 2003
This is a wonderful school! The staff at this school cares about our children as if they were their own. My children have done fantastic here and I couldn't be happier!

Shields Elementary School
6900 Stroebel Rd, Saginaw, MI  48609
Last modified Shields Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shields Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.