Bad
Good

I'm a student here. I honestly hate this school... The teachers can be nice, if you're lucky enough to get one of the few good ones. However, the teachers here really don't actually teach... Or not very well, at least. I come to school to get an education, and that's what I expect to receive, but Swan Valley simply cannot offer me that.

I graduated in 2007 and if were to do it all over again I would go to SVHS all over again. One of the posters below mentioned that SV does not prepare students for college, this may be a little true but i have not met one person in college that was truly prepared for what it requires. I have found myself further ahead in many of my subjects in college so I do believe that the education I received definitely helped. In fact a girl i graduated with interviewed at Harvard Medical school, so you can't tell me that SV does little to prepare us for college. I believe the most important lessons you learn in high school are those about life and how to interact with others and work as a team which is big now a days in the workforce. As for athletics, yes it is a big part of the high school but it should be, it promotes school spirit and brings people together who may not have had the chance to interact with each other. The teachers at SV were always willing to help students before, during, or after school. Finally, the staff and principals do a good job in keeping order and a good learning environment throughout the year. No school is perfect but I definitely enjoyed my time at SV.

Im currently a freshman at svhs. I love it! the teachers are nice and the upperclassmen are very helpful when you need to know where your classes are! sv offers a lot more ap classes now then 2005 i guess. Im in geometry a year before some of my classmates.

I can understand some of the views stated below, however, believe it is only fair to state that high school, like all of life, is what you make of it. My daughter put everything she could into her years at SVHS and I believe, in return is getting a lot out of it. She was accepted into excellent colleges across the nation and received superb scholarships for her accomplishments while at SVHS. When she asked for more challenges, they were facilitated. The strong letters of recommendation from the teachers who knew her intimately I feel were very valuable (compared to larger HS's where I'm sure letters often sound 'rubber-stamped'). The principal and counselor went above and beyond to make her experience the best it could be and the transition to college successful. SVHS curriculum is much more rigorous now. Has served her well in university.

Its funny when people think that athletics is all a school requires in order to be the best. Swan Valley has great athletics, yes, but that isn't everything, especially when you enter the real world outside the halls of Swan Valley. I have heard numerous times from friends how unprepared they were when they entered college. We all go to different colleges and we all struggled so hard in the beginning to get the good grades we somehow so easily got in high school. The easiest things, like study habits, were the hardest to grasp; it was as if we had never been taught them in the first place. The faculty are amazing, don't get me wrong, and I honestly enjoyed my time in Swan Valley School District. However, if I had to do it all over again, I definitely would have rather attended a school to help prepare me better.

For a school in this area, it is average. Many people from the Saginaw area seem to be blinded to the world around them; Unless you are going to Delta or SVSU, Swan Valley does very little to prepare their students for college. One AP class was available my senior year (2005), this is unacceptable, when college classmates of mine who went to schools with a similar census took all AP classes their senior year. All in all, there is way too much emphasis on sports and they practically give out 4.0's without preparing students for college. The past couple of years there have been Valedictorians numbering somewhere from 3-8. How can SVSU still give free tuition to these students when they are clearly not earning these grades?

it is a verry awsom school ive gone there for 4 years now and i love it

Last modified Swan Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.