Bad
Good

If your child excels in academics, things will be good for you. If your child struggles academically, maybe find another school. The district is very concerned about test scores and standings within the state. They are easily frustrated with students who don't live up to the over-inflated expectations. One of my children fits their mold perfectly. The other struggles. It's very difficult to find help. Teachers say they offer help. He stays after school. She says "just read page 26, and figure it out from there". He is learning disabled, that doesn't help him. I try to get involved, but don't get better results. We were in another district before moving to Shores, and I miss the encouragement and help he received there. It is what it is, and we are doing what we can. But, it seems a school should try to help all the students succeed, and not just those who make their school test results look pretty, while letting the others fall through the cracks. There are some real quality teachers there, but many times we're met with the situation I described above. The office staff are amazing. The principals are amazing. The superintendent...not so amazing.

This school is not fair if your kid have been suspended for anything they will not allow you to enroll your child . What is this all about . It say school of choice I say not even a mile away in saint clair shores I would not recommend this school to anyone.middle school jefferson

to crowded and not enough help and teachers were not helpful and were not fair about tests and homework did not prepare the kids for college

Best choice for educating your child in the area. Many parents from South Lake, East Detroit, and Roseville choose to send their kids to Lakeview. I believe the school does a good job of preparing students for college.

Honestly, I am not sure where this school rates on diversity based upon my experience thus far with my child's 1-st semester at the school. My child has had some issues from some of the teaching staff- comments have been made toward my child that have be offensive. I really hope/pray the school does a better job incorporationg diversity training with their teachers/staff in order to deal fairly with students of all nationalities.

They are continually trying to improve their teaching habits and have several groups/clubs the kids can get involved in.

I have a freshman going to this school and she loves it here. With of course the exception of a coupls of teacher. She plays every sport that is offered to her unless they overlap and I think the school spirit is awesome.

i am a senior at lakeview high school and i think that the education at the school is unacceptable,the sports are just as bad we have low school spirit, they are trying to make our school look nicer but they waste the loans that we got on things that we do not need like cameras i think we need to put more of that money into getting new books redoing class rooms and getting more things for music and art... there are more kids dropping out or not graduating because they didnt get the proper education from this school so if you want your kids to have a good education do not send them to lakeview high school or any of the st. clair shores schools,

This school is arguably the top 17 worst schools in America. They had four good teachers, that's right, four. Unfortunately, five of them were laid off. The sporting teams, enough said. But on the real, we need a complete staff makeover outside of a handful of teachers; two in particular being Mr. David Oster and Mr. Bill Jones.

I love this school. I have 2 kids attending Lakeview high and I think Scott kaplan is a awesome Principal there. The Lunch Moms and all the people that help out during breakfast and lunch times arw awesome and I likie the fact that they have a Mom watching the kids in the parking lot.They just need to figure out a way when we drop the kids off in the morning in front of the school so it is a safe passage for everyone involved.That need to be worked on before someone gets hurt or killed crossing the area or being dropped off or when the parents are dropping the kids off they are double parking and blocking other people from trying to make an exit. But i do like the principals and all the help in the cafeteria and the parking lot .

Last modified Lakeview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.