Posted October 10, 2014
The issue isn't merely school of choice it is that the teachers/administrators do not know how to deal with the diversity at this school. It's "ok" for certain students to use the "N" word and refer to other students as "crackers" and the adults who hear it do nothing about it, unacceptable. Be prepared to make five phone calls and email numerous times before anyone will communicate with you. There is a serious lack of respect for students and parents from many if the teachers and many if the teachers will tell you repeatedly how busy they are when attempting to contact them or asking for help for your child. For those who say it is like a big family, it isn't a family I want to belong to. If you value your child's education take advantage of school of choice and send them elsewhere.

Posted September 13, 2014
We live in South Lake District but I will never send my children there. I graduated from SL, back then they seemed to care about the kids now its ALL about the $$$money$$$. It sickens me to have to pay taxes for a district I can't even send my children to. Too many people making too much money at the Administration building. Sad sad sad

South Lake High School 4

Posted June 12, 2014
My son is having a wonderful experience @ SLHS. He is in AP classes, very involved with many clubs and activities at school. The princpal and asst. principal are wonderful people who work very hard for all students. We are definitely at family @ South Lake.

Posted December 04, 2013
Wonderful community! Great teachers! Love it!! Principal and Assistant Principal are the best! We are a family.

Posted December 04, 2013
This is my daughters first year at SLHS and she loves it. She came from SLMS another school that she talks fondly of. As a parent I can't be happier with my choice of sending my children to the South Lake Middle and High Schools. The HS offers a number of after school clubs and sports. Ms. Kennedy (Principal) and Mr. Fringer (Vice Principal) always make themselves available to parents. I have met a number of parents who are friendly and support the school.

Posted December 04, 2013
South Lake is filled with TONS of wonderful students excelling in academics, sports and community involvement. The staff is so supportive and one of the most involved staffs I have heard of. The parents are exceptional - always willing to help out. I have 3 kids that have gone through / are going through from beginning to end and wouldn't trade it for anything. I am proud to be a Cavalier!

Posted August 31, 2013
Its a shame of what this school has become..thanks administrators! School of choice was a great idea!

South Lake High School 2

Posted August 22, 2013
South Lake is probably one of the worst schools in St. Clair shores if not the worst. Many teachers aren't skilled, teachers miss numerous amount of school days.

Posted April 27, 2013
This school like many others in SCS has gone seriously downhill because of "school of choice". Throwing open the gates to people who do not live in the shores has resulted in lower test scores and more disruptions in the classroom. If you want to take a chance with your child and be part of some cumbaya social experiment gone wrong, this is the place. Be warned, teachers are writing some of the favorable reviews.

South Lake High School 4

Posted October 12, 2012
Our South Lake experience has been great! From the benefits of a multicultural student population, to AP and standard curriculum, to sporting and extracurricular events, we are highly pleased! The expectations and quality of education are demonstrated from the principal, staff and students. If your son or daughter desires to succeed, and not merely slide by, i recommend South Lake High School.

South Lake High School
21900 East 9 Mile Road, Saint Clair Shores, MI  48080
Last modified South Lake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Lake High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top