Saint Clair Shores, MI

St. Germaine Catholic School 4

Posted July 25, 2011
The person who wrote the September 25, 2008, review is correct in that it does not compare to other public schools. It's even better! I graduated from St. Germaine and went into 9th Grade at a public high school. I was immediately placed into the highest programs for all of the academic disciplines, received a 4.00 GPA my entire high school career, and was the class valedictorian at graduation. On top of this, I received a full scholarship for college study. I owe all of that to the academic standards and values that were instilled in me at St. Germaine. My only complaints about St. Germaine are that some of the students were not as friendly as they could, and (at the time) they did not have a strong support for their arts programs. However, the church's recent involvement in the arts completely makes up for that.

St. Germaine Catholic School 4

Posted June 21, 2009
I have to comment on how academics at St. Germaine compare to the local public school, since we experienced both. The public school seemed to teach to the lowest level while St. G holds high expectations for all. Our experience at the public school was one teacher at a loss of what to do with a child who was significantly ahead of the class and a second telling me my other child was 'her favorite' for being independent, bright and well-mannered -- perhpas because of their previous years at St. G. Parents of graduates tell me their freshman are repeating the math they learned in 8th grade. The small size limits the bells and whistles (no trips to the Capitol here), but they focus on the basics for academic success. Maybe not world-class, but a reasonably priced alternative to the lackluster performance of most of the public schools in South Macomb.

Posted February 06, 2009
St. Germaine had to be the best ten years of my life. i recently gradauted from there a year ago and i cannot believe how ready i was for high school. They taught me everything that i know today. The teachers are amazing and they truly care about you and your personal education. With small class sizes, you get a better education. (about 20:1). Unlike the huge money schools like St. Isaac Jogues who just care about how many students they have in their school, St. Germaine has the right number of students (285) to keep class sizes small. the athletics are great, they may not be the best always, but i loved playing them, and it was the best time of my life. I love everyone and everything in it. I visit there all the time. The memories are priceless. St. Germaine will always be the best catholic

St. Germaine Catholic School 2

Posted September 25, 2008
Let's be honest, if you are paying for an education - then this is not the place to go. The staff is great, & they definatly care about their students. The church and Father Jim are fantastic. However, they just aren't keeping up with the public schools nearby. I would have loved to have kept my kids here--but I couldn't accept compromising education for a christian environment and nice people. I know plenty of people who rave about and love this school - My only explanation is that they don't know what's happening at other schools. This was my experience. If you want to go here, ask to look at the actual work before you open your checkbook to make sure it is appropriately challenging for your child/children.

Posted May 18, 2008
So very happy with this school. My daughter is 5 and she is reading, adding, and subtracting! She loves school and feels safe and accepted by all! As a parent I immediately felt welcomed and have gotten involved in several clubs. Worth every penny!!

Posted September 07, 2007
I strongly recommend St. Germaine. This school sincerely cares about their students and their families. They encourage the chldren to be the best they can and uplift them, never putting them down. The teachers are wonderful and caring and the parents are very involved in this school and that is what makes it such a wonderful place for the children. They care about their safety and go out of their way to ensure their safety. The academics are wonderul as well as afterschool programs and latchkey. When I go into the school the teachers, principal and secretary knows my name and my childrens names. St. Germaine really is a family and I would not send my children anywhere else. The education and environment are well worth the price of tuition and I am willing to go without a lot to keep my children at St. Germaine

Posted July 30, 2007
- a former student
The principal, curriculum, and instruction are awesome. Students who graduate from SGS go on to great successes in high school.

Posted February 23, 2007
i am in 7th grade at this school and it has been the best 9 years of my life.if you want your child to be accepted and known by everyone. send your child here.the teachers really want to know you and help you. the sports are great.we have tons of tro;hies.

Posted April 05, 2006

Posted April 22, 2005

St. Germaine Catholic School
28250 Rockwood, Saint Clair Shores, MI  48081
Last modified St. Germaine Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Germaine Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top