Saint Clair Shores, MI

Posted June 07, 2011
Ignore the parent in the March 12, 2011 Review. Clearly, they have a vendetta against the school or the staff or are just trash talking about the school. As an alum of the school who has since graduated from college with honors and a member of a National Honor Society, I can say that my foundational education at SJA is nothing less than the best! I mean this in the most objective way possible. Oh, and about the whole "curriculum was unchanged from 1970" thing. What a load. These kids are getting a top-notch Catholic education from faculty and staff who genuinely care for each child and their success. The curriculum is top-shelf. So is the technology. Nay-sayers are merely reaping what they have sowed. Put nothing into helping your kids succeed, don't expect the school to pick up the slack. School does not replace parental involvement! SJA has a very rigorous curriculum which I can say has prepared me and my classmates for high school and life! My parents even say that with all the tuition they have paid for grade school, high school, and college, SJA was the best choice they ever made! SJA is an excellent school and you will not regret sending your child/ren there!

St Joan Of Arc Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2011
We took out students out of St. Joan because the curriculum was unchanged from 1970 as well as the teaching staff and their methods. They stopped taking the MEAP test many years ago, because they felt it didn't best test their students. If you look at there last MEAP you will find failing grades! My children are now excelling at public school.

Posted January 13, 2011
St. Joan of Arc continues to impress me. The teaching staff is very quick to respond to my emails with questions about curriculum, schedules, etc. The weekly parent note keeps all the information about current events at my fingertips. The students are constantly challenged to use computer technology along with and for their classwork and homework, and the teachers integrate library research with social science, history and even music class!

Posted January 04, 2011
Outstanding. I am a working mom, and the comment below about being kept in the loop is so true. School leadership is strong without being overbearing. There is an abundance of extracurriculars and athletics, and they are very well run. And most importantly, the kids and parents are just really nice people! I am so glad we brought our kids to this school.

St Joan Of Arc Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Saint Joan of Arc is an exceptional school. I have two children, both very different with very different needs. They address each need very well. The teachers are always accessible, with great enthusiasm. They really care about the kids and the kids know it. Also, the parental involvement at St. Joan is phenomenal. Even as a working parent I feel like I am 'in the loop' and can participate in volunteer activities. The sports program is second to none as well. Overall, you can not beat a Catholic School education in general, and the Saint Joan of Arc education is second to none!

St Joan Of Arc Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2009
The school has gone down hill the last several years. There is only a handful of Teachers that truly know how to teach.

Posted June 12, 2008
A year ago, my response to reviewing St Joan of Arc may have been different. But a year later, more experience with teachers and the administration at St Joan, and more investigation and effort on our (the parents) part have meant a five star rating from me. You see, a school is not entirely responsible for how well a 'sub-standard' student or a 'special needs' student succeeds at a school. It's up to the parents to communicate the needs of the child, and it's also up to the parents to fully investigate what those needs are. And those needs are constantly changing, if the parents are successfully handling the special needs. St Joan has been very open and accomodating any time I've asked to meet with them, has made suggestions in working with our requests, and our daughter has made great strides in learning and in self esteem this year.

St Joan Of Arc Elementary School 0

Posted October 10, 2007
St. Joan of Arc is a great school with a wonderful emphasis on faith and moral values. SJA has a fantastic preschool program, beginning with 3 year olds in a 2 day program and 4 year olds in a 3 day program. The kindergarten programs including 1/2 day, all day and young 5's. They are all fantastic and have excellent teachers. The 3 options make it easy to fit your child in the appropriate environment which best fits him/her.

Posted June 06, 2007
Excellent school. Continues to work on improving academic and extracurricular programs. Students learn good study habits that enable an easy transition in to high school.

Posted June 06, 2007
Our experience with St. Joan has been extremely positive. We feel that the teachers have done a terrific job identifying our childrens' strengths and abilities. Furthermore, they have adapted their program to meet their needs.

St Joan Of Arc Elementary School
22415 Overlake Street, Saint Clair Shores, MI  48080
Last modified St Joan Of Arc Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Joan Of Arc Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top