Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The worst school I've been to. Students are rude, if you don't do sports you're a nothing. If you don't make a certain amount of money, you're a nothing. This school will not negotiate with you.

This is school is full of rude teachers and students. This is the only school I've gone to and I used to be happy and getting good grades. But I'm now suffering from depression from being constantly bullied and pressurized by my peers. The teachers have done nothing to help! I told the people in the office, when I was in middle school, that someone stole stuff from my locker and they told me it was my problem to solve! I don't not feel safe here and I've certainly don't enjoy being here. I will be switching schools next year, my senior year. I cannot handle being treated like this anymore. Technology have literally taken over the whole school this year and education has gone way down. Please do not send your kids to this school, unless you want them to be bullied and cussing every minute of the day. Mots pretty sad that junior cried the whole 1st month of school because she has no friends and doesn't want to be here.

Taxes are too high in Schoolcraft for the low level of quality in this school. The school wants to do additional building projects even though the enrollment hasn't increased. Many kids, including mine, are going to other area schools because of limited class choices. Vote no on August 5 to reduce your taxes.

I post this as a resident of Schoolcraft and a parent of a former student. It was amazing how poor the district rated on the latest bridgemi.com survey. The survey measures the level of district achievement based on socioeconomic status. Schoolcraft was 443 out of 540 michigan districts. Other local districts were Vicksburg 179, Lawton 95, Portage 116, Mattawan 89, Three Rivers 106, Kalamazoo 157, Dowagiac 77, Cassopolis 402, Mendon 296. I'm appalled that Cassopolis actually has a better level of achievement than Schoolcraft. I think the residents of Schoolcraft should demand better performance and the parents of Schoolcraft should expect better levels of academic achievement from their spoiled kids. Wake up Schoolcraft...you might win on the football field but you're losing in the classroom.

I have had to pull my children from Schoolcraft because of many problems going with the middle/high school. When your middle schooler comes home and says "I am not learning anything" and they are getting good grades there is a problem! Changes to the district do need to happen however changes that Mr. Stitt is doing is not what I would want for my child. The districts moving to a Projected Based learning style. Do the research-you will understand why many parents are not happy. With all of the parent input the district asks for no one is listening! Not even the School Board. The school board does not want to hear negative input. Most of them sit on the board with blinders on listening to how the administration goes on about how great all the changes are but will not do the research/ask for hard facts. With many meeting and concerns expressed about my child's education for 2 years nothing was done! There is not a higher expectation for students to learn in the classroom. There is a lack of curricular choices, learning resources and there are problems with the quality of teaching staff. Leadership in the district is more about who you know not about what is best for the district.

This is a solid area high school. The administration and staff care very much about the success of the students and the community. It is a smaller school in a rural/suburban town so don't go in expecting a wealth of student diversity. It's proximity to Kalamazoo and Western Michigan University provides ample opportunity for AP classes and some larger school experience if that is what you desire.

For any parent who is interested in their child succeeding to the best of their ability, do not send them to this school. I am a parent who had to remove my child after her freshmen year here at this high school, for many reasons. My child was placed in two classes, where special education children were being experimentally assimilated in, and because of these two children, it was impossible for her to learn. In both classes, the challenged child distracted many of the "normal" kids in class, so that my daughter and many of her peers could not focus during lecture. I pleaded to the administration that both of these children take the normal remedial classes, but the schoolboard insisted that they try to assimilate them into my child's classes. It made her learning suffer. Along with that semester of incidents, the administration of the school did not seem to care what I or other involved parents had to say. The PTA and myself have an interest in helping the adolescents and learning environment, not hurting them, but what is the point of a PTA if the school does not listen? Also, it should be noted this school is in the middle of a very rural town, so diversity is not promoted.

Both of my kids LOVE going to school! I have watched my son, who is in the Upper Elementary, go from a shy, awkward kid, to someone who is self confident and takes pride in his schoolwork. My daughter, who has ADHD, comes home and tells me all of the new things she has learned that day. The staff has been very patient and positive with her and is helping her do her best.

I have a sibling that goes here, and I also substitute teach here. Frankly, I think that Schoolcraft Schools, especially the high school, are a sad excuse for a school system. You pay ridiculously for taxes, but if your kid struggles and needs something like a 504 plan, don't expect it to be followed very well or for them to receive much help. It is probably a great school for anyone who excels in school, but if you struggle, don't bother. I know of a few students, now including my brother, who have switched to other districts and have never turned back. At this school, he even had a teacher who gave a series of tests that many failed and then called it a project because he forgot to assign one and made it worth 40% of the grade; thus, lowering many students grades by one or two letters. As a sub, this school is full of entitled children who think that they deserve everything and teachers who don't actually teach.

Nice new school, but academics and teacher environment are not up to par with surrounding schools.

Last modified Schoolcraft High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.