Posted November 10, 2013
I think this school is wonderful!! There is a new principal there who is very attentive towards the students. I had 2 older kids who went thru Duncan and I prefer Morgan. I just think everyone is so down to earth and personable.

Morgan Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
Wonderful second grade teachers and very nice principal. School needs a bit of updating and a lot of new books for their library. Due to tax cuts, Utica schools had to cut out additional language courses and such...but overall, I am happy with the school.

Posted September 20, 2011
That's a shame that some parents have no idea what goes on in the classroom. My daughter had an amazing experience in the sixth grade with this dynamic team of teachers. English? My daughter came out a stronger writer than ever because of what and how it was taught. That will take her far in life. I pay very close attention to what goes on in the classroom, and I cannot wait for my next child to experience the teachers in sixth grade. We feel blessed, our children have experienced wonderful teachers all along at Morgan. My oldest was very well prepared for junior high. It is a shame to pass along such false information.

Morgan Elementary School 1

Posted September 16, 2011
My child came from a school that was closed and spent 6th grade at Morgan. I cannot begin to tell you how bad Morgan was. The three 6th grade teachers DO NOT prepare the kids for middle school. Lots of movies in the pm, no English taught, too much free time for the kids so too much drama. If I had to to it over I would have taken my child to a different school.

Posted March 08, 2011
Morgan is a great school with wonderful teachers. We moved out of state and I miss Morgan terribly. My children excelled at Morgan. When we move back next year we will make sure to buy a house that is close to this school. The person who posted last year about this school being rotten couldn't even post a well written comment with proper grammar. Consider the source.

Posted March 03, 2011
GREAT Teachers & School! I would recommend this school to anyone looking for the best teachers.

Morgan Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2010
This is a terrible school. The professionism is rotten. The only time people rate great is when theres not a problem. however, having a special needs child is a whole new pie. They want to co-taught the student with no real supports in place. The terminology has to be fine toothed since 'resource room' simply means a learning center teacher poppin in and outta ge. where of course the child is lost and totally scared to death. This is to save their rating. They also want to limit cognitive impaired classroom. I say what the student needs they ought to get. Utica doesn't care about the student only the cash flow.

Posted February 22, 2010
Morgan is an excellent school. I am very pleased with the teaching staff and learning opportunities for my children. They also have fun after school events. I have opportunity to volunteer in the classrooms as well as other special events.

Morgan Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2009
Since the school decided to apply for blue ribbon there have been some improvements - a homework club after school on wednesdays and thursdays for students who need it. There are some excellent teachers, but the leadership continues to lag behind other schools in the area. He actually allowed the first grade teachers to take off every Monday in lieu of having an aide - until the parents escalated up to the board and he was overruled. What leadership would allow first graders to have a teacher absent 20% of the time?

Posted June 18, 2008

Morgan Elementary School
53800 Mound Road, Shelby Charter Township, MI  48316
Last modified Morgan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top