Bad
Good

Shelby junior high was the best school I have been to so far, I've been all over, I went to Jeannette and malow and Shelby is definitely my favorite I love everything about it.

My children have been in the Utica schools district for 5 years now. My daughter has excelled beyond my belief! She loves Shelby and every teacher she has had. On the other hand, my son has ADHD and he has struggled. I am not happy with the lack of assistance and advice I've received from the principle and vice principle. He is labeled as a troubled kid and when he does wrong, there is know communication and know concern towards fixing the problems. Their way of solving the problem is with suspensions and that never solved any of the problems.

I have been at this school for about 2 years now, going into my third. The new principal we had last year is a step down from our principal before, but she is still great at her job as a principal. She often comes to the announcements to praise something helpful she saw, and tell the students about events. The teachers are helpful and approachable, except for a small number of them. The counselors are amazing! I talk to my counselor often and she is a big help for my career and college and scholarship search. I love coming here!

Our daughter loves Shelby and so do we! The teachers, counselors, office staff, and principal(s) are very caring and responsive to student needs. All have high expectations of the students and willingly go above and beyond to help reach their potential.

My daughter went through Shelby JS and my son is currently attending. As parents, weare pleased with the curriculum offerings & the outstanding teaching & counseling staff. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities - academic & athletic.

I went to this school for a half a year and I hated every moment. One time my shoe broke and I went to the office and they said I don't feel sympathy for you,just because they were flip flops. The kids were mean and the principal only came out when she wanted to yell. Thats just me,but I hated it. The only good part was the drama teacher who is the best i ever had

I think this school is a very good school because the councelors are top notch.

Our elementary school is wonderful and our high school is wonderful, but this 3-year stop in the middle is a big disappointment. The counselors are great but the principal seems like a prison warden. Maybe its the age of the students but she really doesnt seem to enjoy being there

My son is attending Shelby as a school of choice. We live outside of the district, yet we choose to drive. Shelby has been excellent. The teachers are great. Shelby offers AP classes, which our old school did not. The band teacher is above and beyond what I expected to find at a Jr High. I am glad we made the switch.

Last modified Shelby Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9