Shelby Charter Township, MI
Students enrolled: 1,267

Posted April 18, 2014
Shelby junior high was the best school I have been to so far, I've been all over, I went to Jeannette and malow and Shelby is definitely my favorite I love everything about it.

Shelby Junior High School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
My children have been in the Utica schools district for 5 years now. My daughter has excelled beyond my belief! She loves Shelby and every teacher she has had. On the other hand, my son has ADHD and he has struggled. I am not happy with the lack of assistance and advice I've received from the principle and vice principle. He is labeled as a troubled kid and when he does wrong, there is know communication and know concern towards fixing the problems. Their way of solving the problem is with suspensions and that never solved any of the problems.

Posted August 23, 2012
I have been at this school for about 2 years now, going into my third. The new principal we had last year is a step down from our principal before, but she is still great at her job as a principal. She often comes to the announcements to praise something helpful she saw, and tell the students about events. The teachers are helpful and approachable, except for a small number of them. The counselors are amazing! I talk to my counselor often and she is a big help for my career and college and scholarship search. I love coming here!

Posted March 14, 2012
Our daughter loves Shelby and so do we! The teachers, counselors, office staff, and principal(s) are very caring and responsive to student needs. All have high expectations of the students and willingly go above and beyond to help reach their potential.

Posted March 25, 2011
My daughter went through Shelby JS and my son is currently attending. As parents, weare pleased with the curriculum offerings & the outstanding teaching & counseling staff. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities - academic & athletic.

Shelby Junior High School 2

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
I went to this school for a half a year and I hated every moment. One time my shoe broke and I went to the office and they said I don't feel sympathy for you,just because they were flip flops. The kids were mean and the principal only came out when she wanted to yell. Thats just me,but I hated it. The only good part was the drama teacher who is the best i ever had

Posted September 17, 2008

Posted August 23, 2008

Posted August 14, 2008

Shelby Junior High School
51700 Van Dyke Avenue, Shelby Charter Township, MI  48316
Last modified Shelby Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9
Shelby Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top