Shelby Charter Township, MI
Students enrolled: 1,341

Posted May 24, 2009
Overall, a great school. Teachers are great with some exceptions and curriculum is well taught. Very small school, not overcrowded, but in an essence somewhat underpopulated. District boundary changes made population of the school too small. Athletic teams are not as active as others in Utica Community Schools, but are still average programs.

Posted October 03, 2008
this school is okay, not the best though. some of the teachers have bad connections with the students(such as me) and thus, dont help us learn as well as we should.

Posted April 16, 2008
Alright, I was a student at Utica. I think I may know a little more about the teachers and other aspects of the school. Yeah some teachers don't help outside of the classroom. However, you're not going to find a school that is perfect. If the student took the right classes then they would've gotten teachers that were a great deal of help. My high school experience was one of the best of my life. I have absolutely nothing that I could complain about.

Posted March 28, 2008
I agree with the previouse rating. The teachers do not teach beyond the classroom . They are not preparing the kids enough for the ACT. Not as good of school as i thought when we moved here.

Posted February 16, 2008
Great school. Best of UCS high schools. My child went to Eisenhower and I transfered him to Utica because it was so much better.

Posted March 31, 2007
the scool is a great school. Much better then my junior high, most of my classes are pretty small maybe 25-30 in each class. I am doing better here than at my school its not as crowded as Ford and is one of the larger HS in the district.

Posted February 16, 2005
I absolutely loved Utica High School. My junior high experience was not a good one, so when I had the chance to come to Utica and go to school with new people I was thrilled. The staff was amazing, the students were kind, and the atmosphere was contagious. To the Parents: your child will love it, they will feel welcome, and the teachers are great. Send your child here even if you have to drive them!

Posted January 25, 2005
Utica high is a great school if your child has no problems. Unfortunately they seem to do everything in thier power to discourage you from getting your child extra help if you need it. (spec. ed. IEP'S ect)

Posted October 28, 2004
19 students in a class room, no way, the school it too small for its amount of students. Yes I will agree the staff is great, but please do not give information that is not correct about class size. Students will agree that it is too crowded, it is the smallest high school in the district. The school needs to be added onto and employ more teachers, don't hide the truth, it should be known to all that go there and the future people who will go there.

Posted May 21, 2004
This school has awesome teachers and is a great learning environment! The shop and welding classes are great, and also the technology and drafting department. But these departments aren't the schools only strong points, exellent science teachers of every science, math teachers that can make math fun and easy to understand, and english teachers that make english fun! This school is a definate A+ on the grading scale and I am fortunate eonogh to attend school at Utica High.

Utica High School
47255 Shelby Road, Shelby Charter Township, MI  48317
Last modified Utica High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Utica High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top