Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I only know one teacher but she's incredible. She rescued my son from academic struggle.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I'm not a fan of homework. I think there is more to life than school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son's teacher runs a tight ship and teaches the students about life as well as subjects.

Mr. Suggs really cares about this school and the children. Our son's teacher is out of this world amazing!

It's NOT an anti bully school ! They let kids get away with too much ! Don't know how it's rated a good school.

I love the sense of community at West Utica Elementary. Every year we have a Veterans Day Celebration that inspires and shows the care and talent of our children. It's like a second family to me, and the principal truly cares about kids.

my son just started preschool here and I don't really like his teacher. she seems very snotty and impatient. everytime I try to talk to her she complains about my son and is very derogatory. I just think that if she wants me to work on something constructive criticism would be a better Avenue. he's only free for crying out loud of course he's going to have some issues with sharing, and having occasional tantrum. I'm going to see if I can sit in on class and see how she actually interact with the kids but so far I'm not impressed :(

im impressed with the school all the way around the staff is fantastic .. they really look out for the students and the teachers are wonderful people

My granddaughter attends West Utica Elementary I don't feel that the teachers/staff/playground handle bulling as well as they could. My grand child was bullied in the 4th grade and she really don't want to attend this year.

I posted on this site a negative post a few years back when my child first started attending this school in third grade. My child is in his fourth year at West Utica and some of my feelings have changed. I feel that theprincipal, teachers and Special Ed dept is great and cares for my child wholeheartedly. I still feel that bullying up to last year was not dealt with the best. At first I was told it was a( he said, he said) situation even though my child had a mark on his face. The child that assaulted my child was suspended only after I sent a letter to the principal. I feel she was unaware and should have been informed by her staff handling the situation. I am very involved and have built a relationship with the staff to support my child. We have a new principal this year and I am not sure how he will work out. So far so good. I feel that this school needs more help on the platground and tougher on bullying. Otherwise, I would recommend West Utica Elementary at this time.

Last modified West Utica Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.