Shelby Charter Township, MI

Posted October 08, 2013
I have 4 young children and moved to the shelby township area because of wiley... Enough said....

Wiley Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2013
to the parent that moved her kids from one school to another. Just be warned....they staff is always warned when a parent does this. It is usually indicative of a parent that usually didn't like the messages the old school was telling them and thought the new school wouldn't know previous troubles. Believe me they do. If you were a supportive parent, followed through with your kids, shouldn't be a problem. But if you left the old school when you should have stepped up your parenting. The old problems will resurface. Good luck

Posted March 04, 2013
Wiley is amazing! We moved our 4 children from another school in Utica district that was failing all the way around in our opinion. My family couldn't be happier. My kids grades have gone up and their love of school and learning has returned! . We wish we would have made the move long before we did. The principal is one of a kind! He knows his school, staff, and kids and takes great pride in them. The teachers and kids have a high respect for him too! It is a fun, safe, and caring learning environment. You will feel and notice this from the moment you walk thru the doors. Communication between parents and staff is top notch and they go above and beyond for ALL kids. I truly cannot say enough about Wiley and I am very thankful that we are now a part of this great school!

Wiley Elementary School

Posted May 02, 2010
I love Wiley, and the teachers that my two daughters have are above and beyond what you expect in a teacher.

Posted January 30, 2008
Wiley is a great school. The parent involement is outstanding. The teachers work with the children and understand their learning patterns. The principal will break his right hand for the children. I'm a parent and I see the principal, parents, and teachers in action daily. Mr. G

Posted June 14, 2006
my son attended wiley from march 2006 - june 2006. he suffers from add, adhd, severe emotional impairment. this was the 1st school to actually help me and my son. i want to thank everyone involved, including: the principal, the teacher, special education, speech therapy and everyone else who was involved with my son. without them my son would have never received the help he needs, nor would he be on his was to recovery. thank you!!! words cannot express how grateful we are for all of the help and support you have given us.

Posted May 27, 2005
This is our first year in Wiley and I can say that it has been great. I have a child that has had trouble learning and the staff has been great helping him. They have had him working with a math tutor and giving him help on english as well. I am very impressed with the willingness to help and make sure he advances. I'm excited that we have more time in this school. The principle has been great in welcoming all of my kids to the school. We were all nervous but he really made the transition easy! Thanks to all of you at Wiley!

Wiley Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2005
I still think that the teacher's need to step it up with the children that are struggling. More one on one help is neeeded. Teacher's are still caught up in the 'No child is left behind' Get over it and do your job!

Wiley Elementary School 2

Posted November 02, 2004
I went there about 3 years ago, 1st-6th grade. She liked many teachers but others not so much. They did this penny for the play ground thing when she was in 6th grade and they put in many pennies, I know. luches were terrible. Graduation was pathetic. In the class room they only thought that the smartest ones were always going to be the best and no one else could ever be like that, They lowered my child's self a steam when they did that. If your child doesn't get it then he or she will never because there is no one on one help. The principal was great and everyone you met right away but others were just there for the money and you could tell that they didn't even like children. Unless your child was in something like newspaper or something like that your child was a nobody.

Wiley Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2004
Teachers need to care more about the students that are struggling! The will offer on how to get a tutor vs. Teaching the kids themselves.

Wiley Elementary School
47240 Shelby Road, Shelby Charter Township, MI  48317
Last modified Wiley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wiley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top