Eisenhower High School

Public | 10-12 & ungraded | 2051 students

Posted September 26, 2013

We are new in the district this past year. We are very please with this district, which confirms our intensions for relocating.

Posted February 8, 2013

I absolutely hate Eisenhower. The majority of the staff is really rude and offer little or no support. I especially dislike the staff in the maon office. I'm supposed to be able to seek help in the adults at my school, but I don't trust them. I hear them gossip about other students, and they even talked about me as I was walking away. The school is over populated. The majority of students are not friendly, and they are rude as well. They lack supplies despite being the "rich" school in the district. I mean, come on, who runs out of paper? The school does not provide courses that most other school supply such as home economics and comic. The school is more focused on sports rather than acedemics. I really detest Ike, I used to enjoy going to school, but now, I'm transferring to another school. I placed a request for my transcript about three weeks ago, and I still haven't heard from them. Eisenhower is not a school that you want your kids to attend.

Posted April 27, 2010

My 2nd child is currently attending Ike. Mrs Bawol is a great principal. The school board is a disappointment. Mrs. Blain gets an A+ --- now that is a teacher! Get involved! Participate! My kids were proud to be Eagles.....

Posted February 24, 2010

I've had two kids go through Ike. One was almost all A s, athletic and basically would have excelled anywhere. The other struggled and was offered little to no support. He was frequently compared to his brother who was able to retain everything he read and basically taught himself. Way too much focus on sports and no attention to students who may struggle. I wish I had chosen another school.

Posted February 17, 2010

Many of the teachers here are pretty good. Although some have left for the new IB school, most the remaining ones are still good. The athletic programs here are good all around, and many of the kids learn quite a bit from there coaches both from sports, and from their class.

Posted October 20, 2009

Way too many students. Too much concentration on sports and less on academics.

Posted October 6, 2009

My sons got a great education there. They have many good academic teams that the boys competed on.

Posted August 30, 2009

I will be a junior at IKE this fall, and I was on the golf team in the spring (we did okay i guess). I'm only at IKE for a half day every day and then I go to the Math Science and Technology center at the IRC (every teacher there is finominal). At IKE though you really have to get lucky with the teachers there because i have heard some pretty interesing stories.

Posted June 10, 2009

Mediocre school with poor teaching, bad leadership, and a terrible sports program.

Posted August 13, 2008

Not impressed at all -- this will be my 3rd child graduating from IKE and none of them liked it --very clicky -- A few good teachers--but not enough who really care-- Something is defintely wrong with their sports programs

Posted June 16, 2008

Not impressed at all with Eisenhower. Some good teachers but overall definitely not what I would consider a 'blue ribbon' school. Adminstration staff needs improvement. Some teachers don't seem to be interested in helping students do their best.

Posted May 7, 2008

My daughter is a junior at IKE and she loves it. So far she's passed 2 of the AP tests with 4, they really are preparing her for life after high school. The principal really does a great job. The french teacher is so enthusiastic - she makes me want to go back to high school. My daughter hates the thought of leaving this school next year.

Posted March 14, 2008

I have had 2 children graduate from Eisenhower, and have been thoroughly unimpressed. They seem to be more interested in their sports programs than academics, and if you have a mediocre student, you had better be on top of it, because they certainly won't be, inc. the counselors. A few really good teachers, but mediocrity reigns here.

Posted May 13, 2005

Ike has to be one of the greatest schools i have ever sent my child to. I used to send her to a private school, Lutheran High North, and i switched. I was a bit worried about going from the 'safe' private school to public but its working out great. The teachers are always there to help my daughter, they have good control over the students, and most of all my daughter is so much happier there. I am really glad i made the switch to Ike and let me tell you, if your daughter is begging you to go to ike, like mine so happened to be doing, i suggest you listen to her and send her there, its wonderful.

Posted November 1, 2004

I think this is one of the best schools my children have been to. I think overall the level of challenege these students have doesn't compare to the other schools in the Utica district. The students are spirited, teachers enjoy what they do, and the administration makes it their duty to keep the students safe. I am very proud of this school and would not change my opinion for any reason.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 29% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 26% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 38% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 50% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Michigan used the Michigan Merit Examination (MME) to assess students in grade 11 in reading, writing, math, science and social studies. The MME is a standards-based test, which measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Michigan. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Beginning in the 2011-2012 school year, the Michigan State Board of Education implemented new definitions of what it means to be proficient on the MME test. In addition, they have recalculated past years' results using these new standards for proficiency, making the above year-over-year results comparable.

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

College readiness rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

ACT participation

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

>95%

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MEAP results from the state of Michigan.

2 This rating is based on composite ACT scores from 2012-13 and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2011-12. ACT participation represents the percentage of 11th graders taking the ACT. Because the ACT is mandated in Michigan high schools, ACT participation is NOT included in the GreatSchools rating.

African-American 2% 18%

Source: MI Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

• Ms. Nanette Chesney
Fax number
  • (586) 797-1301

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education