South Lyon, MI

Centennial Middle School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
Be advised that this is the school that made national headlines for throwing one of its teachers under the bus because the administrators were too afraid to open a dialogue about intolerance. A good school is one that supports students, parents AND teachers.

Posted September 16, 2013
I go to this school and it is wonderful, full of friendship and teamwork. I Love South Lyon schools. They are always encouraging children to do their best. We are very educated. I love working in a group and doing bonding activities as well. It helps me create new friends. Thank you for your time. :)

Posted August 26, 2012
I love the teachers and the staff, they keep me updated about what the students are doing in class, especially the 7th grade science teacher. She truly is the best teacher anyone could have. She kept me updated and really helps the students improve in science. My daughter moved in the middle of the school year from Novi schools and needed a little help in science. She helped her alot with that, and my daughter improved her grades from B's to all A's .She is a wonderful teacher. Also the principal sets good school rules and he is the best!! One improvement they could have in there school is to have more challenging academic programs. Thank You.

Centennial Middle School 0

Posted October 16, 2010
The staff and students are like a wonderful family

Centennial Middle School 3

Posted August 24, 2010
I have a hard time with this school. It is too strict on the small stuff and lax on the important issues like bullying. Principal is out of touch with what a middle school child is about. Teachers are good for the most part but two of my kids experienced teachers that were out of date or not interested in really teaching the students. They seem to always ask ask ask for help but never show appreciation when given. Honor roll is a joke. Students can be on it with a lower gpa than a student has a higher gpa and one term of struggling in a class. I am glad my students are out of there after this year! The leadership needs to be replaced and they really need to rethink the whole cattle call of parent teacher conferences!

Centennial Middle School 3

Posted March 24, 2009

Posted March 16, 2009
We have a great educational program :D

Posted March 16, 2009
I love this school. The teachers really care about us and it really shows on our grades. Most of the kids are good students making A's and B's. It has a lot of nice technology, and the janitors keep it very clean. I like the principal very much, and our code of conduct really keeps things in order, even though it is very tough. Overall, Centennial Middle school is a very impressive school that I will remember through my life.

Centennial Middle School
62500 9 Mile Road, South Lyon, MI  48178
Last modified Centennial Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top