Bad
Good

Posted September 12, 2013
Hardy is the best school. I have a Autistic son in first grade here . The teachers and staff are ssoo calm and understanding. I realy couldn't ask for a better school. I also I have daughter how is in fourth grade and here teachers are wonderful. I would invite any and all people to come join the fun at hardy:-)

Posted September 10, 2012
We have two children at Hardy Elementary and could not be happier. The focus and direction that is displayed by every level of staff is outstanding. When you walk in the school, you can feel the positive energy. The principal is very visible and involved and the communication from him is top notch. The curriculum is excellent. We have found that not only are our children learning their abc's and 123's, but also what it means to be a quality citizen in their community. Over the past years, we have only watched Hardy grow to be a stronger and stronger school and an integral part of our children's growth.

Posted May 24, 2012
I, like the Feb. 2012 reviewer, have had children at Hardy since it opened. I am an educator with very high expectations of other educators. I must say that my children have had nothing but positive, outstanding experiences at Hardy. The teachers are highly knowledgeable, dedicated, and passionate about their responsibility of growing all children as learners, thinkers, and human beings. My children also benefitted greatly from their interactions with the PE teacher who taught them to persist through any situation with a positive attitude and to strive to reach their full potentials. Her passion and high expectations for all children is admirable. The former principal built a wonderful staff which in turns makes Hardy a wonderful school for all students and their parents. I am certain that our new principal will continue to grow the Hardy tradition which will benefit every single child who is fortunate enough to walk through those front doors and become a Hardy Husky.

Sharon J. Hardy Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2012
My family has been at Hardy since it opened. I have seen teachers coming in right before the tardy bell in the morning. I have seen them beating the children to the parking lot after school. Children check their own papers. Meetings are held during the school day (not just here, but throughout South Lyon schools). Substitute teachers are frequently in the classes. The gym teacher has been seen sitting in the front office with her feet up on a desk, and she has been seen engaging in social networking during gym classes. The work ethic is sadly lacking. I would not recommend Hardy to other parents. Hopefully the new principal will make changes so that this changes in the future.

Posted April 29, 2011
I am an educator. In my life I have never seen a finer staff! They go to the ends of the earth to meet the needs of every student- disable and gifted. Both my children have gone there and I couldn't have been more blessed!

Posted April 21, 2011
Hardy has excellent teachers who are able to extend for higher performing students, and differentiate for all. The principal is easy to talk to and follows up on any concern a parent may have. The building is outfitted with great technology, it is clean and has a great playground. The office staff are very inviting.

Posted March 30, 2011
I am so happy with this school, I send my son there and the teachers have been excellent. I highly reccomend sending your kids there if you want your kids teachers to really care and communicate well with you about their progress. Plus, dads, get your kid into Ms. Mitchell's fourth grade class, you will not regret having to go in for a meeting with her WHENEVER ;-)

Sharon J. Hardy Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2011
the staff and teachers did not impress me and the building conditions were not very welll done.

Posted June 09, 2009
This school has the full package. The principal is very approachable and seems to know each child by name. The teachers are amazing, and extremely dedicated to providing a high quality education. The facility is new and in excellent condition. Finally, it has a great group of kids that are encouraged to play fair and treat each other with respect.

Posted April 29, 2008
Hardy by far is the greatest! Mine and my granddaughters experience at Hardy has been a wonderful. At the begining of the school year I had a concern about my granddaughter fitting in,( she's the only African American in her class) but she fit right in. Academically, she has excelled by leaps and bounds; If i had to rate Mrs. Isaac, she would definitely recieve a five star, she has a genuine concern and lots of patience for each and every child in her class. I highly recommend Hardy.

Sharon J. Hardy Elementary School
24650 Collingwood Drive, South Lyon, MI  48178
Last modified Sharon J. Hardy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-9