Adlai Stevenson Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2013
My son attended Stevenson from 1st to 4th grade. He had a couple of great teachers but some the staff's behavior is very inappropiate. They dont take bullying or harrassment seriously at all. When the parent or the student complains to the principal, she doesnt have time to talk nor does she return phone calls. His last teacher made discouraging comments to the class. Im completely dissappointed in the school, their actions and they way that the district handles things. As a result, I moved from Southfield after residing here for 7 years and sent my child a school in another district.

Posted March 20, 2012
My son has attended Stevenson since he was 6 years old. I love this school ! Son is meap scores were high on math and reading he is in the 3rd grade and the only concern I have is what Middle school can I find for him when he leave.

Posted September 14, 2011
I am glad there is a new principal at Stevenson. Some of the teachers are creative in helping the children with special needs. That is very much appreciated.

Posted January 26, 2010
The experience has been very good here. We are concerned about the prospects for middle school/jr. high and beyond, however.

Adlai Stevenson Elementary School 3

Posted January 01, 2010
High turnover in principal dept. Cutbacks in staff, not enough attention especially during lunch hour. Unfortunately, just ok for such a great city.

Posted September 20, 2009
Great school -- great teachers!

Posted July 27, 2009
The 1st to 3rd grade teachers are the best in Michigan. I am very pleased with my daughter's matriculation.

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter has had a great year at Stevenson Elementary. She is in the first grade, and will be in the second grade Fall 2009. The teachers, and latchkey staff is wonderful, and have shown my daughter the support which she needs. The classwork I feel is great to ensure the students at Stevenson are achieving as much as other students locally, statewide, and nationally. My daughter has also be blessed to have a great teacher - Mrs. Washington. As a working parent, I try as much as possible to volunteer when I can at my daughter's school. I look forward to working with the staff at Stevenson as my daughter advancing through each grade. TPJ

Adlai Stevenson Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2009

Adlai Stevenson Elementary School 5

Posted May 14, 2009
Stevenson Elementary has been the best school experience for my child. I like the teachers, class work, and level of difficulty. I help out when I can and believe all parents should. It gives you the opportunity to see firsthand what goes on in the school. Education is the primary goal of the new principal who is tough but caring. Just to let you know, school ratings are based on all students performances and this school has a very well rounded group of students and parents. It s one of the best overall learning experiences for your child. KBM

Adlai Stevenson Elementary School
27777 Lahser Road, Southfield, MI  48034
Last modified Adlai Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adlai Stevenson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top