Bad
Good

I went there for my 7th year only but I loved it there. I now go to UPREP (1st class) but I hated to leave. On my first day at Levey the principle made sure that I wasn't getting left out and making friends. I'm still friends with the people I met there on the first day. Levey was the first school I went to that I actually had to work for my A's instead of just showing up to school. I love the staff and I even had a nickname that they all called me especially my English teacher (she started the nickname). This is a great school and you should send your child or children here!

levey middle school is an ok school most teachers dont care about your child like the band teacher only picks a certain amount of children that he likes and there are othes (8th grade social studies teacher , 6 th greade math teacher 6th - 8th grade spanish teacher will try use profanity in front of an parent pricipal security and counselor will try to follow you no matter who you are ) other than those problems it was alright MOST teachers are strict and wonderful

I am 22 years old now, but the memories from this horrific middle school still haunt me! I have had family members send their kids here in recent years and the system has not changed a bit! I was severely singled out, teased and beaten up, in the class room, in the hallways, on the bus and even the bus stop! All while the staff sat back and allowed it to happen! I was called out in the middle of the class by the teachers and made fun of! The most Humiliating times of my life occurred at this very school! Since I was always getting beaten up they assumed I was at least half the cause of the fight so therefore I was suspended as well, witched caused me to miss a lot of school. I would highly recommend the parents looking into this school to continue searching onto other schools. Please do NOT send your child to this four walled prison of a school.

The principal is too busy trying to make the staff happy or make friends. Lacks communication and customer service skills. Staff talk to parents/kids like their nothing. Opinions are heard and quickly dismissed. Zero tolerance only applies to the students. Staff talk about the kids openly to other teachers in front of the kids. The staff bully kids and call them out their names. The kids are out of control. The sad thing about it the principal knows all of this goes on and she goes along with it! This school is so busy looking for the kids to do stuff wrong to kick them out, instead of giving them a chance leading by example on doing better! Detention is a joke. What is the reinforcement behind it? Kids go and sit with a babysitter, aka a teacher. Suspensions are over rated, abused! You state your concern you child gets treated worse. Some of the teachers are teaching exceedingly well and they show it. Others are there for personal gain, whatever that is! Middle school should be a fun place to learn, not always the case here.

I was told alot of good things about Levey before enrolling my child,none of which was true.There are a few teachers who care about the students ,but for the most part they are paycheck teachers (only there to get a check)That dont care if the students learn or not .Teachers are absent 2 or more days in a week.The books that they have are 10 to 15 years old and not enough of those to go around.I WOULD NOT recommend this school to anyone,And I feel sorry for the few good teachers that they have there.If you want your child to thrive Levey is not the place for them.

The faculty at Levey Middle School TRULY have the students interests at heart. It is an environment of higher learning that you wouldn't normally experience elsewhere. You can reach any teacher, including the principal, at any time via email, check your students progress online, and visit the school along with participating in the classroom. When school is dismissed, often you see kids ready to get as far away as possible. I observe students in after-school activities daily and all of them are happy to be there with their instructors. I highly recommend Levey Middle School as the middle school for the Southfield area. They care!

What a great school! I have taught here for 25 years and I would never teach anywhere else. The staff is diverse and the opportunities for student growth are tremendous. Our band sounds like a high school band and our STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) program really prepares kids for the jobs of the future. I would not hesitate to send my children to this school. Call 248 746 8740 to arrange a visit and see for yourself!

my son went to Levey starting with the 6th grade, he is now a Senior at the University of St. Francis at Joliet, IL which is a private Catholic school. He has a full-athletic scholarship. He was extremely well prepared in his early secondary school experience (beginning at Levey), not only academically, but socially. I would highly advise parents to send their children to Levey, the staff is just like a family away from home.

I was once a student here and had a horrible time, I really hope they fixed everything. I had severe depression when I went here, I skipped school for a whole month and the school didn't even care nor did anyone notify my mother. I was often mistreated from the other students, which I've come to think was because of my race. The teachers were being over paid and the school was dirty.

My daughter attended Levey for three years and loved her time there. The teachers are wonderful, the administration is firm, but fair, and any child who puts forth any effort receives a fantastic education. The foundation my daughter received at Levey has helped her to make the honor roll every semester so far in her private high school.

Last modified Glenn W. Levey Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.