Brace-Lederle K-8 School 4

Posted September 23, 2013
I love this school. Ive went to this school for about 2 years. I went here in kindegarten and half of 1st grade. The school uniforms were awesome for me. I might even be going back to this school for the rest of my 7th and 8th grade years.... My sister thinks that she wont like it, i say itll be cool...... P.S. This is like the best school you could ever go to.. I PROMISE!!!!! Your Reviewer, J'Niya Liburd

Posted November 08, 2012
this school is horrible.. my son is not learning anythine he is in the 8th grade Ms.Lewis is horrible she do not need to work there... the staff is horrible Ms.Elliott is horrible all the 8th grade teachers are his report card is horrible but when he come home everything he does is coorect the teachers there do not know how to grade and yall need to do something about that before i do. i will be coming up to that school...to talk to them teachers because they are doing a horrblie job...and i will not let none of my kids attend there and i will tell all my friends and family that this school is horrible thank you if you read this.!

Posted April 10, 2012
This school is horrrible i hate when my child went the pricinle is not helpful aand only cares for her teachers and middle school is horrible they baare smoking weed and vandlism

Brace-Lederle K-8 School 4

Posted February 04, 2012
I have two daughter's at Brace 1st an 2nd graders. This is their first yr attending and it has been great. As far as their teachers Ms molner an Ms boatman are concerned.they offer tutoring an my girls love the after school dance classes. They are eager to go to school each day.eager to get homework done.any concerns I have had their teachers have giving me the upmost attention an solution on what we can do together to help them excel in their studies. And am proud to say I have 2 distinguished honor students at Brace-lederle!

Brace-Lederle K-8 School 5

Posted June 22, 2011
My children both attend BL I took my daughter out for one semester and that was the worst thing I could have done. I have read the reviews of the other parents about BL and I can see their point of view, but I had some of the same issues with my son in the past but I am a letter writer. Whenever I had an issue i went sent emails to the principal and had meetings and came to great solutions, even two years back ! i think as parents we tend to get upset which is our GOD given right regarding our children. But put your self in the shoes of the teachers/staff members, they have to deal with numerous personal issues concerning the students, abuse, add, other mental illness of parents as well. So try and turn the negative feelings into a positive solution with the teacher that will benefit your child(ren). I have built so many relationships with so many teachers and other staff members which give me that family atmosphere. By the way my daughter went from straight "F's" to a 3.2, Brace is a great school over all, yeah they have flaws,but you have to work them out.

Brace-Lederle K-8 School 3

Posted June 22, 2011
This school is okay, there are some really good teachers in the 3rd and 4th grade. However, overall the school is lacking in the grades K-2 and 6-8th. My child attended for a while, but we removed him due to a lack of challenge academically. There also was some inappropriate incidents involving other students that was poorly handled by the supervisory staff that ultimately turned us off from returning to the school.

Posted June 21, 2011
My children have been a part of Brace-Lederle for 6 years. Within these 6 years they now have their 4th principal. The bully situation has gone out of control. The principal, Ms. Lewis, lacks urgency when you complain about the teachers or any situations that occur within the school. They are suppose to have a "no bullying policy" but they don't take it seriously when students are bullied by the older children. I have talked to SEVERAL parents who are pulling their children out of the school this year. THANK GOD my children were accepted at another school. I am an educator myself and believe in the public system but Brace-Lederle has really disappointed me and continues to get worse.

Posted November 04, 2010
If you are a substitute teacher I would advise you against subbing for this school, especially for the kindergarten teachers. I usually enjoy the younger kids, but the kids in the kindergarten classes at Brace-Lederle are disrespectful and they do not listen to anything that you say. I felt like I was in the room with a bunch of mental patients. Kids were crawling around the room,screaming and falling out of their chairs on purpose. One parent showed me a bump that her bad son got, and expected me to show simpathy. I don't think so. That little boy was all over the place, he was hitting kids, falling out of chair and he did not falling any directions that I gave him. My experience at this school is a good arguement of why we should make corporal punishment legal in michigan.

Brace-Lederle K-8 School 0

Posted December 03, 2009
I would like to commend the 1st and 4th grade team of Brace Lederle. I especially like that the 4th graders change classes ( receiving their core subjects from different teachers instead of receiving increments of their core subjects from one teacher). Also, I like how the 1st grade team initiated parents involvement by hosting regular 'parent teas' that allowed the parents, and 1st grade teachers to discuss the different events that are/were taking place in the children classroom. The BIG problem with Brace is the leadership. It is ineffective and their is no cohesiveness between the principal and the assistant principal. This lack of leadership is seen in a lot of the students (esp. the middle school students). Effective leadership is one of the things that is badly needed at Brace.

Brace-Lederle K-8 School 0

Posted August 28, 2009
I have 2 kids that attend Brace Lederle. My son started there first, (they are a year apart). When he started there, the Principal and teachers were beautiful. There truly was concern and genuine care for the kids. Punishment was explained to kids, not yelled throughout the hallways and in the office, as it was the 2008 -2009 school year. My second child started attending and that is when all the mess started. Some teachers act like they are scared of the kids, Principal loves to call you when she has an issue with your child, but when you leave messages with the Secretaries to have her to call you back with issues you may have, there is no response or care. Let's be fair and make the school a place for the kids to want to go to school and the teachers want the kids to come. No boot camp!

Brace-Lederle K-8 School
18575 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI  48075
Last modified Brace-Lederle K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brace-Lederle K-8 School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top