Posted September 17, 2013
MacArthur is a great School! My daughter has been attending MacArthur since Kindergarten. She is currently in the third grade and I must say I am very pleased with the administrators and the staff members! The teachers work very hard to ensure students success! I would highly recommend this school to future parents/students!

Posted August 11, 2013
my school is great great awesome no profanity and all that stuff yeah awesome bored

Posted March 28, 2013
MacArthur is a great school! As a staff member, I enjoy working with techers who really care about kids. I also enjoy working with a principal that is dedicated and who trulys understands the dynamics within the classroom. Our principal supports the staff, students, parents and the community. She is always looking for new experiences for the students and allows us to grow professionally. No school is perfect, but in regards to how much the staff cares about the quality of education students receive, MacArthur comes pretty close.

Macarthur K-8 University Academy 1

Posted March 26, 2013
MacArthur looks like an excellent school to the public. Unfortunately, that is NOT the case. The leadership at the school is substandard. The pupil/teacher ratio is poor. The school is severely overcrowded. The principal is unprofessional and lacks tact necessary for proper and efficient leadership. Parents do participate but all events come with a price. Many of the teachers have good intent but leadership stifles the teachers ability to effectively develop the student populous. This school would be great if they were ethnically diverse, hired a TRUE LEADER at the school to allow the teachers to be more productive, had a larger location and better supervision of children. DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL! SAVE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT AND GRIEF! They are NOT SERIOUS about EDUCATION at this school! If The university of Michigan is partnering with this school, they should reconsider their stance!

Posted March 01, 2013
I really love this school. I feel like my children are part of a family. Very well structured and organized school. Teachers are great and they love to teach. The principal Ms. Perry is awesome and an amazing leader. Great academic programs and classes.

Macarthur K-8 University Academy 4

Posted June 22, 2011
I think this school is overall a pretty good school, especially for Southfield area. Dr. Hentrel is a good leader, but she has a boot camp type mentality when dealing with students, teachers and parents. I can't say that she is not effective, but she her style of leadership can be a turn off to some people. Nonetheless, I think from an academic standpoint the school definitely tries to up the ante each year and retains students who want to excel scholastically. The only other issue everyone deals with is the "over-crowding", for whatever reason, leadership did not move the school to a larger location and they have way too many students attending the school for its size. Parking, dropping off and picking up the kids is a nightmare that could and should fixed by moving to a larger building. The school was initially K-5, but is now K-8, so every function is jammed pack and it simply unnecessary stress on all parties involved. But, to end on a positive note, this school is definitely a shining spot for the area and does academically challenge your kids. What some of the teacher's lack in tact and personality, they make up for in academic training.

Posted April 13, 2010
I love this school. I am currently an 8th grader and will be sad when i graduate. I will miss all my incredible teachers and my fantastic principal Dr. Hentrel. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Christy she is awesome! =)

Posted March 25, 2010
I am a parent of a Mac Acrthur 1st Grader, and am hoping to send my kindergartner there in September. The school is outstanding. The principal is a force to be reckoned with and does not mix her words but she clearly runs the school with the school's and children's best academic interests at heart. Whatever she does it really works, you only have to look at their grades to see that. The teachers that I have come to know are awesome, they work closely with the children and the parents in order for your child to achieve at their best level. If you are looking for a school in the Southfield school district this is the only choice.

Macarthur K-8 University Academy 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Please don't beleive the hype! The principal is not a nice woman. The staff is afraid of her. I ask to meet with her several times she has not met with me yet. The children do not have recess and when they do low staff ratio supervision. The younger students do not go on field trips. Many parents have very negative things to say about her leadership, but refuse to say something because of connections, is what they say and that they want their children to attend the school.

Macarthur K-8 University Academy 0

Posted December 03, 2009
MacArthur is OVERCROWDED! This school is too small to house both elementary and middle school students. A lot of the middle school students lack respect & discipline. Bottom line MacArthur needs to expand its school or reduce the grade levels because the current set up is NOT working. Don't believe the HYPE! MacArthur still needs a lot of work.

Macarthur K-8 University Academy
24501 Fredrick St, Southfield, MI  48033
Last modified Macarthur K-8 University Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Macarthur K-8 University Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.