Posted August 22, 2013
I love Vandenberg. My child's 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Lamb, really took time to get to know him. We entered the district mid year so my son was unable to enter the gifted program, so Mrs. Lamb gave him more challenging in class assignments. I think the teachers care a lot about the students and I am making it my business to get involved with the PTA this year.

Vandenberg Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
My son attends this school and academically, is unchallenged. The principal does not communicate to the parents and the only good thing I can honestly say about the school is that it's culturally diverse and his teacher seems to care about her students. I am trying to move out of Southfield, just so I can send my child to a better school district. VERY DISAPPOINTED PARENT!

Posted March 12, 2010
The staff is very caring, exciting programs like the top quality ESL, excellent art, music, and gym.

Vandenberg Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
My son first year at Vandenberg and I am excited about his teacher and all the things he is learning in her classroom...She is big on the reading which I love....I can see him improve daily

Vandenberg Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2009
The only good thing this school has is the diversty of children which come from different backgrounds. And, about 22 students per room. Children are not challenged enough in their academic work!! The PTA is a joke.

Vandenberg Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2008

Vandenberg Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2008
My son started going to this school in Kindergarten. I really liked it initially, and Mrs. Erdos was a wonderful teacher. Now that he is in 1st grade, I have had so many challenges with the school and his teacher. His teacher does not have control of her classroom, and is not capable of working with the children when they are struggling in a particular area. I am pulling him out of this school ASAP.

Posted July 31, 2007
I really liked the principal Mr. Clap, the gym teacher Mr Krass, the art teacher, music teacher, librarian and Mrs. Williams who taught 5 th grade. The lunch room was another story and I disagree with the discilpline that was used there. Other than that - the staff has a winning reputation. The 5th grade play was outstanding and I know my daughter will never forget Vandenberg. Mr. Krass is a legend and deserves recognition state wide for his outstanding service and compassion. Mr. Hindi the para pro helped my daughter understand fractions and deserves a raise - We will miss all of you guys!

Posted July 01, 2007
I sent my daughter to this school and I was very impressed. They had a great PTA system and a lot of parents got involved. Including me! It is a great learning environment for any child in Kindergarten to 5th grade.

Vandenberg Elementary School
16100 Edwards Avenue, Southfield, MI  48076
Last modified Vandenberg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vandenberg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top