Southfield, MI

Posted June 07, 2015
We love Morris Adler Elementary School! Three generations of our family have graduated from Adler. Adler has excellent parental involvement (as is evidenced by our terrific P.T.A.) and the staff truly cares about our children as if they were their own. The school has high expectations for students and parents which has created a school wide culture of believers who understand that failure is not an option! Mr. Tait is a great Principal who validates our concerns and takes them seriously. The students and staff respect his leadership. My sons favorite teachers were Mrs. Raghavan and Ms. Hill. My favorite teacher was Mr. Walther. Adler is the center of our community and will be forever a part of our family.

Posted June 04, 2015
My experience with Adler Elementary has been great. The school and parents do a great job in creating a positive and educational community environment. The teachers are experienced and motivated to provide the highest education. I have three children - grades 4, 1, and K. Each teacher has the upmost professionalism, kindness, and "serious business" dedication of educating the children. I have witnessed them go above and beyond reasonable expectations to ensure each child succeeds. (Especially Ms. Davis, the kindergarten teacher of two of my three children. I can not say enough kind words about her skill as a kindgergarten teacher.) I find the principal, Mr. Tait very active, involved, and easily accessible. The parents are active and friendly. I have made excellent acquataineces with many. There is an active PTA. I find Adler does a great job partnering with the PTA to provide really creative seasonal family-oriented fun events. The PTA works hard to support the children and teachers. I also enjoy that Adler is small with only K-5. I find this really caters to an elementary atmosphere, as opposed to the K-8, (which I experienced and did not like). One final thing about Adler is that at the end of the day, I notice the teachers, children, and parents coming to pick up the children have smiles on their faces. That is hard to find from my experience. Areas of concern: Adler needs more resources. For instance, the school has a planetarium, but its not in use for the students. The lunch time / recess staff could use more hands on deck. All in all however, Adler is a great choice. If you are looking for an intimate school with great teachers, I higly recommend Adler for your consideration. -M. Green, (Mom of 3)

Posted April 27, 2015
I love this school and the teachers. Mrs. Barnett and Ms. Weichek are the best. Once my little man is old enough he'll be attending Adler as well.

Morris Adler Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2015
The school has great teachers and staff. There is a wonderful family environment. My kids love their school and teachers. A. Dial

Posted January 14, 2015
I love Adler Elementary, not only did I go there as a child but my oldest son went there and graduated. Now my youngest is attending Adler and will be graduating next year. The teachers are hands on and care about the students. The parents are always very involved.

Posted March 01, 2014
This is a great school with highly educated teachers. My son has performed well and gets great grades. I wish they had more homework but they have lots of activities and projects. He participates in academic games and basketball there. Don't be upset with the school if you child has bad grades, that's your fault.

Morris Adler Elementary School 1

Posted February 11, 2014
Adler Elementary... for children who are not having any issues academically or otherwise the school is ok. But, if your child has ANY problems the leadership here acts like the child is not worthy. I would NOT recommend this school if your child is not like everyone else's child. The school could improve by trying to find ways to help students not hinder them. There is not always enough GOOD supervision.

Posted February 08, 2014
A very good school our grandsons 3rd grade teacher is the best' since our grandson have have been in attendance he has shoed improvement in his subjects, Thanks staff of Adler fo all your continued support

Posted January 31, 2014
Adler is a wonderful and family orientated school. The parent group is very supportive of one another. I am a single mother and feel very supported by the teachers and principal Mr. Tait

Posted January 31, 2014
I have found Adler elementary school staff and teachers to be of great help. My child is doing well. The secretarial staff is very friendly and helpful. The new principal, Mr. Tait is always present and willing to listen to my concerns and ideas.

Morris Adler Elementary School
19100 Filmore Street, Southfield, MI  48075
Last modified Morris Adler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morris Adler Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top