PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Southfield Christian School offers a challenging, college-preparatory education grounded on the principles of the Bible, we seek to prepare young people to live full and productive lives. Our goal is not only to provide a strong academic foundation for college, but also to offer a firm Christian perspective for life. Honor, Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility are the core values that guide and define our school. We are committed to helping students thrive academically, athletically, socially and spiritually. We know our approach works as typically 100% of our graduates advance on to select colleges and universities.
September 25, 2014

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 25, 2014

Southfield Christian School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
We have enrolled our 3 1/2 year old daughter into the preschool program for the fall. Thus far, it has been a great experience! Everyone in my family and church family speak VERY highly about SCS and the SCS experience. I love the way they infuse technology into every aspect of enrollment and learning at all class levels. We pray that this is the right place for our child so that she can stay through the end of high school :-)

Posted January 19, 2012
Parent of 1 Southfield-Lathrup grad ('06); and 2 who have attended SCS from K-12. Youngest will graduate SCS 06/12. As a Southfield resident, I applaud the huge strides that SCS has made to embrace diversity. SCS has always been athletic and competitive in several sports. ACT composite test score average was 25 for class of 2010. Virtually all teachers are excellent and really care about the students -- a couple that were not were let go promptly. Uniforms required. Chapel required. Although SCS is located in a Baptist Church, there are kids and teachers from many denominations attending and no pressure to change beliefs.

Posted December 05, 2011
We have two children that attend SCS. They have attended for past five years. Every year gets sweeter and sweeter. Th staff love all the children, the administration cares for the overall development of the school. And the community filled with love and support enriches the experience even more. The love of Christ is shown in the excellence ink which things are done. We love SCS!

Posted October 14, 2011
As a former attendee and parent of three SCS students, I can honestly say that my families lives are enriched by the staff, faculty and community at Southfield Christian School.

Posted November 22, 2010
I have 3 children who attend or have attended SCS. As a multiracial family, we were very excited to find a school that has such a wonderfully diverse community. Beyond that, the academic and spiritual instruction is above average and is in fact excellent.

Posted March 16, 2010
As a parent of three former SCS students, I feel that SCS was the absolute best choice for my children academically, socially, and spiritually. They each received a first-rate, college-prep education, grew tremendously in their faith and witness, enjoyed numerous extra-curricular opportunities (sports, music, community service, and others), and benefitted from a superb faculty and staff. Moreover, they were regularly challenged to live out their Christian values in all arenas of life with conviction and without compromise. As a university educator, I whole-heartedly endorse the curriculum and would place SCS high school graduates on par with those of any of the top-rated public or private high school in the area.

Posted October 28, 2009
The teachers and staff are very devoted to the students, by making them feel 'their life matters'! I am very grateful my daughter had the opportunity to attend and graduate. It has been over 7 years since she graduated and she still has very good relationships with the same group of friends she met when she began at SCS in 9th grade. As a parent I was able to meet many parents whom I am still friends with. That was a blessing, because I have been a single mom for 14 years and they have been wonderful support throughout the years.

Posted August 15, 2009
I am a student at SCS and although Ive only been there for a couple years, I think that this is the best school I have ever attended. When I first came to SCS I didnt have a great relationship with God. But SCS helped me rediscover my faith and I am proud to say I am a faithful believer in Christ. SCS main goal, to me, was to not only educate their students academically, but spiritually and emotionally. They also have small class sizes which allows teachers to pay close attention to their students and to make sure they are on the right track. I love SCS and I think that it is the best school in Michigan.

Posted April 29, 2009
I have a kindergarten and first grade student and I am very pleased with the school. My oldest attended a Brighton public school last year and it was a horrible experience for him. He's learning so much more at SCS and is confident and happy to go to school. I have watched each of my children flourish and I feel good that they are in a positive learning environment.

Southfield Christian School
28650 Lahser Rd, Southfield, MI  48034
Last modified Southfield Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12