PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school. I have two children that attend MAOD. As a parent you want the best for your child and I believe that this school is one of the best. I have an elementary student and a pre-school student attending.The teachers are wonderful and they genuinely want the children to learn. The atmosphere is small and cozy. I feel every bit of comfortable leaving my children knowing that they are learning from great people. They go all year around so I don't have to find things for them to do during the summer to keep them occupied. I believe that the last comment given was inaccurate because my child is a testament of what MAOD has done, she has been attending since she was two and she is very smart, bright, outgoing and confident. I will have a hard time finding another school that will challenge her the way the teachers challenge her. Overall, MAOD is a great school and my children will stay there until the 5th grade.

I Love M.A.O.D because the class sizes are small. The students are provided individual assistance. Education,discipline and structure are all important factors which are included in the childrens curriculum. The children are taken on field trips which exposes the children to many different things and the school has a cook on staff to ensure the children receive healthy meals. Overall M.A.O.D is a great school and my son loves the school as well.

I enrolled my son when he was 3. He is now 4 years old and smarter than most his older cousins. I was impressed with the fact that MAOD had more of a learning environment than just a day care. The teachers and staff really show concern for their students. In addition they help with scholarship information and try to help with tuition. Great school!!

The school has a great academic curriculum. My daughter attended since she was three years old. In kindergarten, she knows the roman numerals, sign language, counting up to 300, spelling words and good reasoning skills. MAOD also is flexible enough to provide a good academic/fun balance. There summer program is awesome. Three trips a week...free of charge. However, some of the staff can be clickish and unprofessional. I think this is common in schools or any other place of business. So, don't let that discourge you from enrolling your child in a good school.

Metropolitan Academy has greatly prepared my child to enter her new middle school: working at a grade level higher in each subject! She is tuitoring her schoolmates. I am beyond pleased!

Metropolitan Academy is a wonderful private school. It has an excellent curriculum. If you want your child's learning ability challenged this is the place. Their kindergarten class is excellent. Students are taught sign language, roman numerals times tables and reading all this in kindergarten. Wow............ I was amazed at the progress of my child.

Theere is no library the staff is uneducated and the administration is a joke. If you care about your kids well being and education I suggest putting them into a real school with qualified teachers and a real principal. The staff needs to be taking classes right along with the students. I have never witness such ignorants and uneducated people over these young innocent children. Please take your child or children out this hell hole of a school!!!!!

Horibel school. Principal is not professional at all.

Open door policy...Parent participation and volunteers...Each child is an individual...Staff is great...Latch key available and food programs...Extra curricular activites...Computer and foreign language...Field trips...

Last modified Metropolitan Academy / Detroit is a Private school that serves grades PK-5