1,553 students|Bradford Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Bullying here is low from what I've seen.

Supports LD students: Agree

There are good supports for IEP and 504 students.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Leadership here is good, but not great.

Develops character: Neutral

They do not emphasize character enough in my opinion. Most efforts are toward core curriculum.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is minimal from what I've seen. Once a week in normal.

I would give Bradford a 2.5 as they are improving in many ways. They have laptop carts for classes to share. They have Smartboards in most classes now. New after school activities are a good sign. Things that are not good include large class sizes. Teacher/staff turnover seems high.

This is a terrible school. I was told by my son 9th grade Biology teacher, that my son was marked absent for attending his honor roll ceremony. He told me it's. Policy. Most teachers really care about students there. Other's clearly don't.

This is my kids first year in pre-K therefore I'm ALL IN EVERYTHING. TWO women presented themselves as if they were going to be the teachers, awesome year, fun trips etc. My child does not open up to many at all but, them as a team made it happen so I allowed my child to continue. Orientation & home visit the same people were there so why in the heck when school starts its not that way with almost 15 kids & the people my kid became comfortable with. I really feel it was a hoax or some sort of commercialed teacher duo just to get people to enroll. Its already rumors going around that BRADFORD Academy do whatever for the STATES MONEY & can probably care less about the actual education. No one has even formally told me where the other woman went that's how i know its all about the $$. Next year won't happen for my kids if its problems in the elementary its no need in going further with the school at all. As a parent when u say its going to be a certain way and we leave our kids....it should be that way period unless something drastic happened but it looks to just be all fake.

All I can say is, I graduated from Bradford Academy as the class Valedictorian of the first high school graduating class in 2011. When I attended Bradford I was quite in the middle about how I felt about the school. The teachers were good but the administration was terrible. There was favoritism, amongst students and administration which was strange and no help for students who were intrested in college. Furthermore I was never contacted from the school again after I graduated although I've learned other students from my graduating class who did not even graduate In the top 10% have been asked to go back and speak. The school clearly can't appreciate the few good things they have, the teachers and their hardworking students. They are overly concerned with appearance and not with quality of education. I hope it gets better.

My son has attended this school for almost three years. I have no complaints. The teachers also respond to my emails. The teachers also sends me a copy of his weekly homework plan. The elementary school social worker was excellent. She really cared about the best interest of my son. Not to mention, there were other great role models& teachers that supported my son academically and focused on improving his behavior. Honestly, I don't think that this school receives enough credit! My son lives this school and so do I! Thank you to all of the dedicated staff! It takes a team to raise children these days and we as parents need to take some responsibility and actions to ensure that our children our successful!

Last modified Bradford Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.