Posted January 31, 2014
All I can say is, I graduated from Bradford Academy as the class Valedictorian of the first high school graduating class in 2011. When I attended Bradford I was quite in the middle about how I felt about the school. The teachers were good but the administration was terrible. There was favoritism, amongst students and administration which was strange and no help for students who were intrested in college. Furthermore I was never contacted from the school again after I graduated although I've learned other students from my graduating class who did not even graduate In the top 10% have been asked to go back and speak. The school clearly can't appreciate the few good things they have, the teachers and their hardworking students. They are overly concerned with appearance and not with quality of education. I hope it gets better.

Bradford Academy 4

Posted January 27, 2014
My son has attended this school for almost three years. I have no complaints. The teachers also respond to my emails. The teachers also sends me a copy of his weekly homework plan. The elementary school social worker was excellent. She really cared about the best interest of my son. Not to mention, there were other great role models& teachers that supported my son academically and focused on improving his behavior. Honestly, I don't think that this school receives enough credit! My son lives this school and so do I! Thank you to all of the dedicated staff! It takes a team to raise children these days and we as parents need to take some responsibility and actions to ensure that our children our successful!

Bradford Academy 2

Posted October 20, 2013
Unfortunately I have to agree with the majority of one star rating posts. This school is mainly concerned with "customer" satisfaction and not with educating "clients" or students. The five star ratings do seem suspicious or planted/posted by the company. If you send your child to this school you can be sure your child will pass to the next grade but will not be in most cases ready for the next level. I give this school two stars for the teachers that remain at the school who are doing their best to help the few students who do want to learn.

Bradford Academy 5

Posted October 17, 2013
Bradford is a great place to work & Choice Schools is a great management company to work for. The teachers care deeply about the kids here, the assistant principals are stellar, and the management company has dedicated their resources to turning this school into something to be proud of. I'm proud of what Bradford has become.

Posted September 22, 2013
As a new parent of Bradford, I have to admit that I was attracted to the bussing program they offered this year. Especially since Pre-K was to be picked up and dropped off at the front door of their homes . However, by the end of the second week of school we were told they will discontinuie bussing as of October 4th for Pre-K due to budgeting. I find it very convenient for this service to be canceled after count day only to leave the students high and dry after a month of school. The communication at the school is horrible as it is been almost impossible to get a person on the phone to get answers. I have transferred my child to a new school. Count me out!

Posted August 23, 2013
Wow..I don't even know where to start. This school is horrible. I worked for this school and it was so unorganized and choatic. Let's not discuss the curriculum or the lack of. The teachers were good but the management company was very bad. On top of it all, the school had predominately African American students but mainly white female teachers..so sad. Do your research and send your kids to a GOOD school.

Posted August 09, 2013
As the past reviews have said, Bradford is no school for your children. The school has many great teachers that are extremely undervalued and overworked. The management company says they care about student achievement and their learning, which they should as higher performance will bring in more money for them. Yet so much they do is detrimental to the school climate and student learning. This past year saw many teachers leaving or being fired mid-year or earlier. Some were even fired mid-day when they had classes to teach after lunch. This turn-over rate makes the school feel unstable and makes for a difficult learning environment. Please do right by your children and send them to a more reliable school.

Bradford Academy 2

Posted August 04, 2013
Bradford Academy is not the school you want to send your children to. The management company- Choice Schools Associates treats the school like a business......not a school. The owner Sid Faucette is only out to make money, not better the school. He does not care about the students or staff. He would rather hire just out of college teachers so he can pay them less, and would rather get rid of veteran teachers who truly care about the students. He has said..."if you don't like it here, there are 3000 people around the corner who can do your job." That is not how you treat great teachers. Bradford is going through another major change this year. A wonderful elementary principal and vice principal left because they could not watch the school go down the way it is. And it's going to lose many more veteran teachers because of the way Mr. Faucette runs the company. Good luck to those who are bringing their children here.....you are going to need it.

Posted July 30, 2013
The good reviews on this site seem very suspect. I was just reading in the Southfieldnewspaper how this school is now offering bus services..... So I thought it might be great to perform some investigating.... If this school is so great, then why are the test scores disastrous????? Why does it seem as if adults wrote all of the student reviews????? If I can't believe in the reviews, I'm certainly not going to trust the educators at this school. Just sad.

Posted July 02, 2013
The positive remarks on here are fake, the owner told the staff they needed to post positive remarks and send it to admin to prove it. This is the worst school I have been too. The turn over of staff is over 50 percent per year, even more if you factor those who leave mid year. Admin has had a 3 yr turn over each year. Sid the owner runs choice schools as a for profit company, so he runs the school as cheap as possible and the rest goes to the management company (common in charter schools). Good teachers were let go to hire cheaper new teachers (average making 32- 35 k). Support staff and counselors let go only to hire a cheaper version and incorporate a free program by the county and call that counseling. Admin nor teachers send their kids to the school that's how great it is! Test scores on ACT/MME/ MEAP which can be seen at Michigan.gov show the scores are dreary at best and way below state average. Even below many other local schools such as Southfield and A few Detroit schools. Also known the board was suspended in Jan for about 4 mo and the co-owner and CEO Pam quit without reason in Jan. Does this sound like the stable school for you and your child? Move on

Bradford Academy
24218 Garner St, Southfield, MI  48033
Last modified Bradford Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bradford Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 89 reviews.