K, 6-12|Public charter
517 students|Crescent Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Posted January 16, 2016
I love the school my daughter been enrolled here since she was in the kindergarten. She's I'm the 8th grade now.

Crescent Academy Middle School 1

Posted August 19, 2015
I would not recommend this school to any parent or prospective teacher. The middle school has one set of broken laptops and zero technology in the classrooms with the exception of overhead projectors and teacher-purchased electronics. Also, students only receive art and gym and no other specials. Spanish is an online computer program. A high teacher turnover rate means that teachers come and go every school year and students are then placed with new teachers or long-term subs. Teachers are overworked and there is a lack of consistency in most policies and procedures, as well as minimal prep time. There is also an inequity in teacher and administrative expectations due to a high volume of upper administration hiring close friends and family. Students who physically fight are still asked back to the district even though they may pose a potential threat to other students. This school's focus is on numbers and enrollment rather than on academic integrity.

Crescent Academy Middle School 2

Posted July 23, 2015
The girl's should be able to wear pants like the boys do. They want the girl's to come to school in the winter with skirts on and knee high socks, its to cold for that, i wouldn't want my child getting sick. They can't even wear pants under they skirts with out being a problem. My friend child got suspended because she wore some pants to school under her skirt and didn't take them off because it was cold . I mean like if a person is cold let them wear what they wanna wear, it would be a good school if the girl's could wear pants like the boys . At other schools boy & girls get to wear pant's why they can't wear them at Crescent Academy ?

Posted May 21, 2015
I currently have 2 children that attend the Pre-K program at the former Our Lady of LaSalette campus. While I don't see a separate listing for that location, I think its important to talk about the school system as a whole because my decision to send them to the pre-k campus was somewhat based on some of reviews I saw here. I have nothing but good things to say about the pre-k program and its because of the dedication, skillset and competency of the teachers and staff that I personally experienced, that I would be willing to enroll my children in the kindergarten program in Southfield. The responsibility to educate our children is a collective effort on the part of parents, teachers, administrators, and the elected officials who rally for programs like these. As a parent, I want nothing but the best for my children. And if challenges occur, and they will, I want to know that they are surrounded by caring and qualified individuals who are capable of steering them down the correct path; whether it pertains to writing, reading, problem solving, reasoning, and socialization. This type of partnership is paramount in building a lasting foundation and setting expectations for adults as well as children. In addition, pre-k offered a workshop designed to engage parents and provide tools to help reinforce learning at home. The only problem I could see was that out of over 100 students, less than 10 parents participated in this program on a regular basis. But despite the low number of parent participation, the school still offered the program. Wow. I have only good things to say. I wish that I could name all of the individuals who regularly play a role in my children's development but there isn't enough room. And I wouldn't want to discredit anyone else's experience just because it didn't mirror mine. But I can say that life often times gives you back what you put into it. Stop the teachers and the assistants. Talk with them. Ask them their opinions. Ask them for feedback on how you can better work with your child at home. Stay in their faces. Care about them. They care about your child. Engage in the process and set your expectations high so that you can make a solid choice for your child's future.

Posted April 12, 2015
I'm very satisfied with Crescent Academy. I was very nervous about sending my child to this school after reading some of the reviews on this site. Currently I have 2 children (3rd & K) nearing the end of their 2nd year at this school and are doing great! They both enjoy, are happy going here & love their teachers. The admin & staff do an excellent job at keeping communication open with parents. Its's a big help to me that breakfast and lunch are free. After my kids first year here, they were both promoted to the elite program. Dress down days are $1 which is completely voluntary. Bullying & bad behavior are discouraged. Students are taught to respect & be kind to others. The only thing that I dislike is that I have to drop my kids off at 2 different campuses. Other than, I truly like this school. They are expanding & getting better every year. I believe if you are involved in your child's education that you shouldn't have a problem at this school. I've only experienced kindness & professionalism from the staff & teachers and especially Ms. Cupidore, the principal.

Crescent Academy Middle School 1

Posted November 04, 2014
Okay So Crescent Is Not A Good School. The Teachers Barely Teach. The Lunch Makes Me Sick. Literally. I've Had to Stay Home Plenty of Times Because Of This. The Teachers Accuse You Of Things you Didn't Even Do & On Top Of All That, The Bad Students Get Away With Things. Don't Go to Crescent. I'm An 8th Grader And this Is My Last Year. Been There Since Kindergarten. I've Never Liked It.

Posted April 04, 2014
I love Crescent acadamy, This is my daughter who is in the 8th grade 3rd school but not by choice. Woodmont Academy her original school closed and I made the God aweful mistake of sending her to Bradford academy. She will tell you that was the worst year of her life. From Ms Cupidore down to house keeping, everyone is great! I love that they actually care about the children and their future. You don't get that these days. My husband and I made the decision years ago that we would move out of MI once she is in High School but We are stuck not because we Love this school so much. If you want to send your child to a school that actually cares, challenges, and teaches them I highly recmend Crescent Academy.

Posted April 03, 2014
My son an daughter both attend this was there first year an i love it my sin in 8th the teachers an staff is wonderful my daughter is in 3rd an they have a great program for homework also there bus progrg am great i have made a good choice for my children way to cresent

Crescent Academy Middle School 2

Posted September 24, 2013
Well the excitement is dwindling. The Pre-K program has yet started & now school is rescheduled for October 9th due to Fire code expection un met. Now I must tell my child that the school is closed and Back to the sitter..Disappointed, what can u do.

Posted September 23, 2013
My 7th grader and I are very happy with this school! The staff is friendly and very supportive. The class sizes can be smaller but my daughter has made Principle's list and National Juniors Honor Society!!!! Transportation is provided and safe!!! Like every school there's problems but we can work together to improve and make changes. I've seen the changes over the last four years and is very pleased!

Crescent Academy Middle School
17570 West 12 Mile Road, Southfield, MI  48076
Last modified Crescent Academy Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades K, 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.