Posted January 28, 2014
University High School Academy is the best school in the area by far. My son has always been smart and at the top of his class until he transferred to this school. His grades did drop a bit, but at least I know he is finally learning! The staff and teachers are wonderful and really care about the kids and push them. If you have a child that needs to be challenged, then this is the school for them. The kids must take a test to get into this school, but it is well worth the time and effort. I love this school so much that I sent my daughter to their new 8th grade Preparatory Academy, and we've been just as pleased with that as well. This is one of the best schools in the state!

University High School Academy 3

Posted October 16, 2013
Bates Academy. 2013-14 School Year off to a much better start. Jury is still out.

Posted June 30, 2013
University High School Academy is one of the best schools in Michigan! My child applied her sophomore year because the school she was attending wasn't challenging enough. She decided to come to UHSA. This school is great. Her grades dropped a bit but I knew she was actually earning them and working hard. My son will attend the 8th grade prep academy in the fall. I am very pleased with the quality education provided. I know my kids will be prepared for college. They not only teach kids to write and do math, they are required to critically think, not memorize information. I love UHSA!

Posted May 23, 2012
This school is awesome! As a parent, I could not imagine my child attending any other high school. The administration and teaching staff are wonderful and create an environment that is condusive to learning. Teachers set high expectations which challenge students to work harder. Because of this, my daughter and her peers created a network so they could support each other and do well. Students are learning skills and techniques that will better prepare them for post secondary learning, such as group projects, time-management, and reading/preparing for lessons before coming to class. This is a school where doing well academically is the overall goal for everyone and make being "smart" cool!

Posted April 21, 2012
I cannot imagine a better place to be going to school. I have been a student at the "U" for four years and have loved it. Our teachers are incredibly dedicated and go above and beyond what I have seen from teachers at any other school. Sure, they challenge us, but I think we are only better off because of it. Going into college next year, I feel extremely prepared because I know that the challenges we have already faced are ones that students new to higher education begin to face. And although we do not have many of the "traditional" elective classes (dance, photography, jewelry making, etc.) we still have a lot of options. The options we have are ones that allow us to do exciting things while still learning important lifelong skills. Overall, University High School Academy is An amazing school where everyone from the Dean to the counselor, even the security guards and lung staff, truly and genuinely want us to succeed. It provides a great environment for anyone serious about getting a phenomenal education.

Posted March 26, 2011
The "U" is an awesome school, and my child is getting a great education. The teachers care and are very dedicated.

University High School Academy 1

Posted March 09, 2011
This school is terrible. The teachers are terrible & so are the students. The students aren't as smart as they seem. Most people can get in EASILY. I've never met anyone that hasn't got in. I know because I go there now! TRUST ME! Don't send your children there.

University High School Academy 0

Posted October 28, 2010
Although this school has only been open for 2 years, it has a really good learning environment. The staff is awesome and the Dean is the best.

University High School Academy 1

Posted July 27, 2010
Our teachers go through lessons too fast without allowing us time to learn the material. We don't have any extra-curricular class options and our classes are too long for a bunch of restless teenagers to handle. Also, rumors get spread around alot and smoke is often smelled in the building.

University High School Academy 4

Posted January 26, 2010
UHSA is very challenging. I will definitely prepare you child for college

University High School Academy
24815 Lahser Rd, Southfield, MI  48033
Last modified University High School Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.