Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

As a student here, I honestly hate the school. I can admit, some of the staff do try their best to help some of the kids here, and some of the teachers are good, but in every apple bunch, there are bad apples. Teachers and kids. The kids do not know anything. They only care about what's "mainstream" and "trendy". If you're not like them, they will annoy you, ignore you, and get you in trouble. If you have the option to go to a different school, take it in a heartbeat, unless you like "mainstream" things and ratchet, ignorant behavior. Some teachers are nice though. Some are out to get you.

As a new parent here in the Southfield school district, I am writing to express my joy and satisfaction with my son s new school and it's faculty and staff. My son currently is in the eighth grade and attends Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy. Since starting at Thompson we ve noticed many positive differences between the curriculum of his previous schools and his new one. I am most pleased with the faculty who have been both welcoming and supportive by offering information and feedback right from the start. It goes without saying that this is an attribute that is lacking in most institutions and is worthy of recognition. I am most impressed with the courteousness, attention and open communication my son's teachers and have noticed my son has performed very well here. With the full support and guidance of his new instructors he will be participating in opportunities which would not have been afforded to him previously. Although it is still relatively early for us in the school year I felt it necessary to communicate some of things I felt worthy of commendation. I am sure that as the school year progresses we will continue to learn and discover more.

The mission was missed. The school is geared for show, not to much concern for the young impressionable children. The kids were lost in the hype shuffle of administrators/staff being to busy with personal impressions, verses putting themselves aside and being that nurturer, role model, or caring heart, and educator for the children.

Last modified Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.