Southfield, MI
Before care: Yes

Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy 5

Posted October 31, 2013
As a new parent here in the Southfield school district, I am writing to express my joy and satisfaction with my son s new school and it's faculty and staff. My son currently is in the eighth grade and attends Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy. Since starting at Thompson we ve noticed many positive differences between the curriculum of his previous schools and his new one. I am most pleased with the faculty who have been both welcoming and supportive by offering information and feedback right from the start. It goes without saying that this is an attribute that is lacking in most institutions and is worthy of recognition. I am most impressed with the courteousness, attention and open communication my son's teachers and have noticed my son has performed very well here. With the full support and guidance of his new instructors he will be participating in opportunities which would not have been afforded to him previously. Although it is still relatively early for us in the school year I felt it necessary to communicate some of things I felt worthy of commendation. I am sure that as the school year progresses we will continue to learn and discover more.

Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy 1

Posted June 10, 2013
The mission was missed. The school is geared for show, not to much concern for the young impressionable children. The kids were lost in the hype shuffle of administrators/staff being to busy with personal impressions, verses putting themselves aside and being that nurturer, role model, or caring heart, and educator for the children.

Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy
16300 Lincoln Drive, Southfield, MI  48076
Last modified Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson K-8 International Baccalaureate Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top