PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

I visited this school because it is close to my home. The latchkey teacher is an older woman and I over head a conversation she was having with a child and her tone and language was not appropriate. The children in latchkey were also watching TV. It's a school - why not have them doing their homework, or read a book, or play quietly? The school seemed a little un organized to me. Backpacks were on the radiator vs. a locker or place in the class room. Class rooms also seemed loud to me.

my daughter started at IMA just as she turned 3 years old, she has not been at the school a full year yet, and already reading, not just memorization. I have nothing but positive things to say academically about IMA. While the school may not offer all the bells and whistles of other schools, I can definitely say that I am thorough satisfied with what my child is learning and maturing at the school. I feel comfortable with the school and would not once question my child's safety or emotional well being while attending this school.

My child started at IMA at 2.5 years old after he was bored and unchallenged at a "regular" non-Montessori daycare in the area. IMA has been wonderful for him. He gets individual attention from caring teachers and enjoys the Montessori work. He used to complain about going to daycare, but now looks forward to his school day. The children go outside if the weather is nice and also have music, Spanish, and gym classes. The principal is passionate and very well educated in Montessori methodology. The tuition at IMA is extremely reasonable and is a tremendous value for the education they provide.

My 4 year-old child has really excelled in math, science and writing since going to IMA. I love how they homework is catered to each individual student to help them hone in the weaker skill sets. Parent involvement is excellent and the principle is very passionate and genuine.

As an IMA parent of a five-year old, I have nothing but the best to say about the teacher quality, parental involvement, and the leadership cf the principal. Mrs. De comes from a classical Montessori background, is fully credentialed with the key Montessori certifying bodies, and IMA 's tuition is a fraction of the other Montessori's in the northwest suburbs of Detroit. My child is incredibly happy, literate, well-rounded, and well on her way to becoming a well-rounded student and person in no small part because of IMA. The cooperative learning environment created by the student-teacher, student-student, and parent-parent dynamics is unparalleled. They even have a parent association and the principal's husband is actively involved as well. If there is one knock on the school, it's that administratively, there can be a little bit of confusion here and there, but nothing too major, especially when one considers the approachability of the principal. She gives every parent and child regular individual attention...unheard of! Pedagogically and holistically, International Montessori Academy is outstanding.

I am more than pleased with my child progress at IMA. When my 3 year old started attending IMA, he was able to count to 30. Six months later he was counting and writing numbers to 100. As a four year old, he is now reading and doing basic addition and subtraction. The Directress has a passion for education and the teachers are very approachable and the classrooms are accessible for parental observation. I have and will continue to recommend this school to family and friends.

Negative enviorment, not nuturing. I have noticed a change in my child from happy and outgoing to quiet and less talkative. In a very negative tone out of nowhere at home he will say things like knock it off!, stop it ! almost in a growl. After a lot of love, singing and dancing by bedtime he is close to being back to himself. we will be leaving this school.

Last modified International Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2