Southgate, MI

Fordline Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2011
I find Fordline Elementary to have a highly dedicated staff who are friendly, hardworking, and knowledgeable in providing my child an individualized education to fit his changing needs. The administration and teachers are strongly united to develop programs that fit the needs of all students. Great work Fordline!

Fordline Elementary School 2

Posted April 06, 2011
Office staff are quite unfriendly, not something you would expect in an elementary school. The teachers are great, but the actual curriculum isn't working. If your child is sick they do not let you pick up their work for the day, I believe this is a district rule. So when they return to school they get their missed work, plus any new homework. They have unenrolled my daughter, without us knowing. We went to see the class list on the door in the summer, and she wasn't on it. We went to the actual district office, and they said they weren't able to help me, and I had to wait until 2 weeks before school when the office staff returned. I went into Fordline at that point. They told me I was "lucky", because they had one spot open? If your child goes home because of illness, you will get a call later in the day saying your child is absent, and you must call to tell them why.... even though you just picked your child up from the office? As far as security, I have worked at a few schools, and I know that in order for another person to pick a child up, they must show proper id and be on the emergency card. Not once has another person been id'd to pick up my daughter.

Posted January 05, 2010
My son went to allen park schools last year and he was havin a hard time with some studys.. I did every thing a parent would do to help him.. I asked all the questions is there anyway that he can get some extra help and at allen park thay said no!! we have no one move him to 1st garde and let him fale and repeat now does that sound like a good school :( so i pick school of choice and southgate u are the best school ever we love u fordline a++++ mrs. Mazur is so caring and understanding the best teacher around. And the rest of the staff is out of this world!! the best school ever!!

Posted October 03, 2009
The Principal and teachers have a 'whatever it takes' attitude when it comes to educating students. Innovative and individually based education at this school. No cookie cutter education here! Fordline is the best choice for quality education!

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are the best!

Fordline Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2008
I am so proud to teach at Fordline Elementary! The children are the smartest and friendliest Downriver! The staff and students at Fordline are a welcoming family. We teach children academic subjects to inspire students to compete and succeed in our society. We also treat children with the highest levels of respect and care. These strategies combine to further the growth started by our Fordline families. Fordline is a great place to grow.

Posted March 10, 2008
This is my son's first year at Fordline Elementary School. The kids here seem to be friendly. The school area is clean both inside and outside. Which is very good. The school is set up very good. So far a good school.

Posted November 29, 2007

Posted February 01, 2007

Posted January 23, 2006
I have been a parent at Fordline School for the past 10 years and I have seen the school grow each year. Students are encouraged in writing, math, computers and more. Art & music programs expose kids to the classics plus fun & funky. The principal and many of the teachers are new blood and are available for meetings & email when needed. New ideas are welcomed. Full day kindergarten is getting positive feedback. Parents are encouraged to volunteer - hopefully this aspect of Fordline will grow.

Fordline Elementary School
14775 Fordline Street, Southgate, MI  48195
Last modified Fordline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fordline Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top