Bad
Good

My son started kindergarten this year at Fordline.... I was a nervous wreck about his transition from preschool to kindergarten because of the new environment and curriculum. I can't express how much I love the staff and school! They made us feel very welcome and made us feel like family from the very beginning:) Allison, Mrs mazur, and Mrs shippy are the best! Even love the watch dogs that patrol the parking lot in the morning! Wonderful experience at Fordline so far! Thank you all!

I find Fordline Elementary to have a highly dedicated staff who are friendly, hardworking, and knowledgeable in providing my child an individualized education to fit his changing needs. The administration and teachers are strongly united to develop programs that fit the needs of all students. Great work Fordline!

Office staff are quite unfriendly, not something you would expect in an elementary school. The teachers are great, but the actual curriculum isn't working. If your child is sick they do not let you pick up their work for the day, I believe this is a district rule. So when they return to school they get their missed work, plus any new homework. They have unenrolled my daughter, without us knowing. We went to see the class list on the door in the summer, and she wasn't on it. We went to the actual district office, and they said they weren't able to help me, and I had to wait until 2 weeks before school when the office staff returned. I went into Fordline at that point. They told me I was "lucky", because they had one spot open? If your child goes home because of illness, you will get a call later in the day saying your child is absent, and you must call to tell them why.... even though you just picked your child up from the office? As far as security, I have worked at a few schools, and I know that in order for another person to pick a child up, they must show proper id and be on the emergency card. Not once has another person been id'd to pick up my daughter.

My son went to allen park schools last year and he was havin a hard time with some studys.. I did every thing a parent would do to help him.. I asked all the questions is there anyway that he can get some extra help and at allen park thay said no!! we have no one move him to 1st garde and let him fale and repeat now does that sound like a good school :( so i pick school of choice and southgate u are the best school ever we love u fordline a++++ mrs. Mazur is so caring and understanding the best teacher around. And the rest of the staff is out of this world!! the best school ever!!

The Principal and teachers have a 'whatever it takes' attitude when it comes to educating students. Innovative and individually based education at this school. No cookie cutter education here! Fordline is the best choice for quality education!

I am so proud to teach at Fordline Elementary! The children are the smartest and friendliest Downriver! The staff and students at Fordline are a welcoming family. We teach children academic subjects to inspire students to compete and succeed in our society. We also treat children with the highest levels of respect and care. These strategies combine to further the growth started by our Fordline families. Fordline is a great place to grow.

This is my son's first year at Fordline Elementary School. The kids here seem to be friendly. The school area is clean both inside and outside. Which is very good. The school is set up very good. So far a good school.

Last modified Fordline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.