Bad
Good

After having my child in a public school where he was singled out .he was made to sit away from the other students. he has adhd and is very talkative.i was very displeased with the teacher and principal with how they handled things.when talking to the principal i felt like he was not listening to my concerns.when i came to wmaa i was guarded due to the last school.they accepted my grandson with open arms! They have all worked very hard helping me get a handle on my sons adhd.everyone has shown me nothing but care and concern and giving my son the very best .you can see the love that they have for every child.wmaa has gone above and beyound and we are very greatful for each and every one of them.thank you wmaaa staff! say what u want people.ive found the best school ever and my sons just as happy as i am.

amazing school very personal and just amazing in every way. bloomed here and its been a good experience

We were thinking of moving from this area after my daughter spent her 6th grade year at the regular public school in Spring Lake. We didn't like the cliquishness and my daughter had a few issues with bullying. Then we found WMAAA. WMAAA has been an incredible find for us. My daughter has blossomed here, but sadly, this is her last year. She loves her friends and her teachers. I love that it's small and personal. I love being able to volunteer there, and feeling like I'm part of the school. I've heard people on the outside criticize WMAAA, saying that it's where people go when they can't get into other schools. This is simply not true. The standards at WMAAA are just as high as the other schools. They still do the MEAP testing, and all the other standard tests. The curriculum is up to standard as well. I think the main difference is that people seek it out because of the creativity factor, so it is a wonderfully diverse group of people. I am so glad we found it.

Fabulous school, wonderfully creative environment where the kids can truly be who they were born to be. They look at individual kids and do their best to teach each child in the ways that they learn the best. The teachers work together with each other to use the arts to support the classroom learning. We are new this year, kindergarten, but can't say enough good things about the staff and school.

The entire school is dedicated in helping each other do their personal best. They also have all the fine arts that are intregrated with the acedemic program. The school rocks!!!

Last modified West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.