Public charter
Spring Lake, MI

Posted March 05, 2012
We were thinking of moving from this area after my daughter spent her 6th grade year at the regular public school in Spring Lake. We didn't like the cliquishness and my daughter had a few issues with bullying. Then we found WMAAA. WMAAA has been an incredible find for us. My daughter has blossomed here, but sadly, this is her last year. She loves her friends and her teachers. I love that it's small and personal. I love being able to volunteer there, and feeling like I'm part of the school. I've heard people on the outside criticize WMAAA, saying that it's where people go when they can't get into other schools. This is simply not true. The standards at WMAAA are just as high as the other schools. They still do the MEAP testing, and all the other standard tests. The curriculum is up to standard as well. I think the main difference is that people seek it out because of the creativity factor, so it is a wonderfully diverse group of people. I am so glad we found it.

Posted January 21, 2011
Fabulous school, wonderfully creative environment where the kids can truly be who they were born to be. They look at individual kids and do their best to teach each child in the ways that they learn the best. The teachers work together with each other to use the arts to support the classroom learning. We are new this year, kindergarten, but can't say enough good things about the staff and school.

West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics 0

Posted October 11, 2009
The entire school is dedicated in helping each other do their personal best. They also have all the fine arts that are intregrated with the acedemic program. The school rocks!!!

West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics 4

Posted October 04, 2008

Posted March 22, 2007

Posted March 21, 2006
- a former student

Posted June 21, 2005
We as a family feel like the Academy was the best place for our girls. The academics are top notch, the teachers were wonderful and the wide variety of music, art, and dance programs was wonderful for us who could otherwise not afford the classes outside a school setting. Parent invovement for things such as conferences was outstanding. There do seem to be an awful lot of the same parents doing the volunteering. I am not alone in that I was not able to put in the hours I should have volunteering, due to a work schedule. We are leaving the state and therefore leaving the WMAAA behind, but I assure you we will miss it greatly!

Posted April 19, 2005

West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics 4

Posted November 14, 2003

West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics
17350 Hazel St, Spring Lake, MI  49456
Last modified West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Mi Academy Of Arts And Academics Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top