St. Johns, MI
After care: No

St. Johns Middle School 1

Posted April 26, 2015
After reading the article about the young girl released from classes due to her inability to attend classes due to an illness, I feel the school has missed an opportunity to show the world the compassion of a Catholic Education and didi just the opposite! You should rethink your decision and readmit this student. This unthoughtful decision is one or the reasons your flock is leaving Catholocism

Posted April 04, 2014
I am so impressed with St. Johns Middle School! I think all the 6th grade teachers have been wonderful. The teachers are caring, helpful, supportive of the students, and innovative in teaching their subject matter. My child is learning current technology and programs on computers each day. My child comes home and is excited about what is being learned.. My child is achieving because teacher expectations are high, and I appreciate that. I need to give a special thank you to Mrs. Fisher, the science teacher. My child loves this class because of the numerous hands on experiments that she engages the students in each day. My child is learning essential scientific principles because Mrs. Fisher takes the time to design phenomenal lessons to support the science curriculum. Keep up the GREAT work St. Johns Middle School! Thank you!

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is a wonderful place for my grandson to attend school. He is in the band program and track program.

Posted December 01, 2013
This is a great school. Awesome leadership, and teacher quality! Perfect. Better than elementary schools!

Posted December 01, 2013
This is a favorite school of mine. I love my teachers... Pretty darn awesome. I highly reccomend it. Thi is a great opprotunity you won't want to miss. This school ha a nice new leadership group this year that has been great. The district has a new superintendent this year too. This is an awesome school. I give it 5 stars. At first I was scared but now that I know all the teachers it's great. This is perfect for my life. There is no bullying from what I've seen so far and no issues with teachers or staff. This school has a new program with student devices where you can either bring a devic to school or use one of the school devices. (Laptops, I-Pads etc.) This school has a good influence on me o do more good deeds. I am proud o have this as my school. Thank you SJMS!!!!!!

Posted October 07, 2013
My Daughter started at the Middle School this year and I have to admit she didn't want to go and I didn't want her to. Neither of us like change much and trying to get to know so many Teachers instead of 2 makes it more difficult and worries me that she will not do as good as she did in Oakview where my other 2 kids go and I know all the Teachers and Parents. Well I have to say she loves it and is excelling in everything and is happy and seems to be stress free which is great and she has actually started coming home and sitting right down and getting her homework done with out me asking or her fussing. She seems to be growing up very nicely and I think it has a ton to do with the Teachers from Oakview doing such a great job and now the Middle School Teachers taking over where they left off and really working as a team with the kids and the parents.. I am a very happy Mom and she is a very happy girl:)

Posted June 28, 2013
This school is wonderful and I feel blessed that I am able to work here. We never give up on our students and try to make them as comfortable and welcoming as possible. As our motto says "working as a team to build the future."

Posted April 22, 2009
I am very happy with the school. My daughter always has the support she needs from the teachers and staff. It is a stuctured and loving enviornment. There is something for every type of student. i have always had great communication from the staff. I am a working Mom and the school offers many ways to stay in touch follow up with my child's progress. 24 hours a day the infinate campus can be acessed through the web. and all teachers have voice mail and email and respond quickly to either.

St. Johns Middle School 4

Posted April 08, 2009
I think this is an awesome school. I am always really happy to go to school everyday. I love all of my teachers too. we have a lot of good food choices and the layout is nice. You don't get confused going from class to class. There's a seperate hallway for each grade. We have 7 class periods. Our music program is great and we have a musical every year. The sports are fun and very popular. If you need help, you can always go to a teacher or the very friendly counselors. I feel like this is a very safe, positive, and fun school.

St. Johns Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2006
I feel communication to the parents is very poor. For example: I have had a number of conversation with the Assistant Prinpile on my son and his grades and have made request both in writing and verbal that I wish to receive a progress report weekly so I can stay up on his studies, this was never followed through on and I was told that it was my responsiblity to call the school each week and make this request. However as a working mother by the time I get out of work the school is closed and I don't have access to telephones during my work hours other then emergencies. The school wants parent involvement but when it comes to down to it there is no follow through and alot of excuses.

St. Johns Middle School
900 West Townsend Road, St. Johns, MI  48879
Last modified St. Johns Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Johns Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top