Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Administatirs work very hard to make sure that every student has equal learning opportunities.

I graduated from SJHS last year and I thought it was amazing! They have so many options in every subject that it feels like you are at a bigger school but it still has the community feel to it where you can get really close to your teaches and students. I did. Not have one bad experience with any of my teachers and they are all very willing to help when you are having trouble. My favorite program was LINKS which I helped with and we transitioned students with an autism spectrum disorder or learning disorder into the general education program and acted as a helper when they needed assistance. This program honestly changed my life and I made some lifelong friends. Talking to other students from other schools in the area, our facilities are way nicer and we have a lot more food options. Overall I had a great experience at St. Johns High School!

As much as these students love their school, the reviews speak for themselves. As a parent of SJPS students, I am appalled at the grammatical and spelling errors on these reviews. Despite that, I am in agreement with the comments made about lack of communication. We have wonderful resources in our school system that offer a variety of learning environments. Elementary parents have the opportunity to choose smaller, more personal country schools with high MEAP scores, or larger schools in town with more opportunities for extracurricular activities and greater teacher collaboration.

I am an alumni of SJHS and as much as I love the teachers there, the system that runs the school has gone downhill these past few years. There is a massive lack of communication between teachers and administration and between administration and students. As far as curriculum though, the teachers do a great job and genuinely care about their students. The facilities are a bit shoddy seeing as how the school was built in the late 60's but they are well maintained. Hopefully the strategic planning committee gets their proposal passed so as to better the district as a whole.

I am a senior at SJHS. it is one of the best schools in the mid-michigan area. we have a great Fine Arts Program. The Drama club won the MIFA State Title this past winter. this is our 11th state title our of 31 state appearences. there have been 38 competions. Our Bands, Orchestra, and Choirs do very well at festival. The Marching Band has taken straight ones for the past 19 years straight. Our sports are very competative. in 2004 our football team was the state runner up for division 3. We offer all available AP courses. we are planning renovations of our High School, Middle School, and 6 Elementary schools. There is know school like SJHS. Go Redwings!

Last modified St. Johns High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.