Public charter
Sterling Heights, MI

Huron Academy 1

Posted May 22, 2015
The worst school the worst teachers they have no respect towards the students or the parent.

Posted April 28, 2015
Huron Academy has a great Administration Team. The Teachers are dedicated and put in long hours and team teach. Parents are always welcomed to help out at school. All classwork is sent home weekly in a special Monday folder to keep parents informed of the students progress so their is no surprises on report cards.All students have daily agenda's to keep the parents informed of classwork and homework. The Teachers always stand outside the doors every morning and great the students as they come in to class which I think is great! I think most of the Teachers there love teaching and do a great job. My only complaint is the traffic on 16 mile is a nightmare for pickup. The parking lot is small and congested during drop off and pick up.

Posted November 17, 2014
I am a parent. This school is decent. The after school care is bad. The helpers are disresepctful to students and parents. It is great education-wise, though.

Posted July 16, 2014
Great school Administrators listen and try not to allow things to get out of hand. I had issues but main concern was the science teacher speaking to me often smiling in my face but she failed my child no warning no notice I thought plans were in place to warn parents and hopefully make a plan to improve grades. It also didn't help that the teachers friend did not like me strange my child had a f and her friends daughter was the teachers pet I am sure she had an A. Just watch out for sneaky people who misuse power and their reputation to make good people look bad. Many people kids were favored so they return imagine is all kids felt that way just don't assume some kids are error free they may just be getting off easy because of who there parents are all the kids are important. They do a good job no school us perfect but they stand out from other schools

Posted January 05, 2014
I believe they would rank much higher if other languages than Latin were offered and they need a larger building! This is why I can only rank it at 4 stars. I love that zero tolerance for bullying is not just a statement. I have witnessed the time the staff takes to teach appropriate behavior. I love that the children are taught how to behave appropriately. I have seen some behaviorally challenged children either conform to the norms of the school, or leave altogether. I appreciate the administration staff who are great listeners and responders. They truly have the best interests of the children at heart. I appreciate the fact that they worked with me and my child individually to make sure their education was personally catered to challenge them. I love the fact that they address issues head on until a solution is reached. I love the fact that they are approachable and personable. There are OUTSTANDING teachers at every grade level. I love the commitment, dedication, and genuine love for the children. I love the close attention to the academics needs and what is necessary to move the children forward in learning process. I certainly recommend this school to and do.

Posted August 30, 2012
Good school. I could really see the difference in my kid over the last two years, he has been at Huron Acdemy. The teachers are very good at giving feedback to parents on the child's progress.

Posted March 29, 2011
HURON IS A WONDERFUL ACADEMIC COMMUNITY, and they continue to progress by remaining current in their continued goal of offering their students the most current curriculum approach to learning; through daily Character Education, News Paper Club, Science Olympiad, The Art Club, Sewing Club, Recycling Club, etc. Not to mention over 300 hours of free before and after care to all Huron Academy Parents. I drive 25 minutes past several schools each day and it is well worth it for the sake of my children who absolutely love school and love learning from the wonderful staff at Huron Academy!

Posted March 28, 2011
I find it sad that a parent would resort to name-calling because they are unhappy with their child's teacher. (It makes me even more sad to think that one would feel it necessary to single out one teacher by name. I don't really think that was necessary). The teachers at Huron Academy are dedicated professionals who care immensely for their students. I have been extremely pleased with Huron Academy. The entire staff (administration, teachers, parapros, lunch, janitorial, etc.) wants the best for the students and in the time we have been at Huron, I have been able to see how hard these teachers (as well as the rest of the staff) work to create the best possible learning environment for the children. As someone else said, the wait list speaks for itself! Thanks Huron staff for all you do!

Posted November 05, 2010
A caring highly academic environment with a character education program that my kids love! Great teachers and administration too, and welcoming to parents too!

Posted October 13, 2010
I love the small class sizes, the curriculum, the uniforms, the character education, the parent community, the PTC and the GREAT teachers. Perhaps that's why i've stayed for 11 years!!!

Huron Academy
11401 Metropolitan Parkway, Sterling Heights, MI  48312
Last modified Huron Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huron Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top