Burr Elementary School 5

Posted June 17, 2014
I am so surprised by the previous reviews. I understand that no school is perfect but Burr Elementary is a perfect fit for my family. My daughter started there last year, entering 4th grade. She was welcomed by her peers from day 1. The leadership of this school is exemplary. Mr Hardy and the staff do everything they can to help the kids be successful. They have numerous clubs, summer learning programs, dedicated teachers who selflessly volunteer. (They started homework club). My child learned to blog book reviews, sew a quilt , and how to deal with bullies. I love the small group instruction strategy. It keeps those who are proficient from being bored and those who need a little push to catch up. There are also many volunteer opportunities for parents. We do hallway math for children who may need a little help or further what they already know. I love how they do not single my child out when I volunteer. They rarely (maybe just once) put her in my station when I volunteer for Math rotations every friday. Not every parent can volunteer and it is not from lack of wanting. My child has been very successful this year. THANK YOU BURR!!

Posted June 16, 2014
I would not let your kid go to this school, to much bullying, and drama, when kids report things to the teacher about bullying they tell the kids to go back to their seats, plus the principal does nothing about it or even let the parents know about whats going on in school, kids started bullying my kids this year on the bus and in school, we had a meeting with the principal about it, and he did nothing to solve the problem, we had to deal with it all year. then at the end of the year my kid had a bruise on her leg and he called c.p.s on us saying we beat our kids and i push my kid off the prouch..and never called us to find out that my kid fell off her bike... don't go to this school, my kids are going to a new one this year. i think 5 years of this stuff is enough...

Posted August 25, 2013
lot of problems in the recess.not safe lot of bullying. my kids are hurt lots of times.

Posted December 09, 2008

Burr Elementary School 0

Posted June 03, 2008
Both of my chilren started in Burr at an early age one in preschool and the other in Kindergarden. I feel this school is very good and if your kids suceed or do not it is weather you are involved as a parent. You can't just sit back and expect the school to do it all. I am very happy with the outcome of my kids they are very well behaved and I attribute this to their parents and the schools. One of my children was in special ed program and the teachers that they have in the last two years are wonderful with the kids as well as the parents. I would recommend this school to anyone I know.

Posted October 10, 2007
Very disappointed with this school and most of teachers. They are also in critical need of a new principal.

Burr Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2006
I do not think there is enough involvement by teachers and parents in this school. They do not watch kids closely enough when they are outside for lunch and recess. They are behind other schools that I have been involved with.

Burr Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2005
Burr Elementary Schools is the best school out there. They have a supporting and caring staff. I would not want my children to go any place else.

Burr Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2004
I feel this is a very good school. My daughter has been going to Burr since kindergarten and she last year was diagnoied with adhd and the school has been very good in helping with her learning and attitude. Ms. Clor is very caring and involved with her students and knows what is going on, she keeps the children safe and that is how you want your kids to been when it is not you that is caring for them during the day.

Burr Elementary School
41460 Ryan Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48314
Last modified Burr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burr Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top