Sterling Heights, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
I have three children attending Dresden and love this school. Our family has so many avenues that we are involved and the kids love coming to school each day. From chess club, to HERO awards, Bingo Nights, Book fairs, A.T.G., 4H, the annual talent show, and the list goes on. My children have been instilled with the internal rewards of achieving their personal best at school. At the end of the year, students are recognized at a special awards ceremony for many areas of achievement. It is a very special day to them. In addition, each card marking this school honors an incredible HERO within the classroom who is kind, works hard, and is outstanding in some way. My children have had this honor before and it is quite something to see the pride they hold within. We had a change in principalship a few years ago, and I am pleased to see how our new principal is starting to settle into her own and making personal decisions on the best interest of her school. It is always difficult to fill someone else's shoes, but it is much better when your own pair of shoes are doing the walking. GO DRESDEN DRAGONS!!

Dresden Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2014
I have 4 kids that attend Dresden Elementary, my oldest being in 6th grade. There was a change in principals a little over 3 years ago, and the school has vastly gone downhill since. The amount of activities that helped encourage my children to want to attend has diminished greatly, including having a quarterly Honor Roll assembly. Since this changed over a year ago, both of my children that had been on the All "A" honor roll, their grades have dropped to "A's and B's". While this is still fantastic, they have stated to me-"Well, why try so hard if it makes it all the same at the assembly." We addressed this concern with the principal and I was met with bewilderment from her. Also, when trying to meet with her regarding educational needs not being met, I am left with an option to "meet in 2 weeks"-which does not seem very accommodating. My children and myself used to enjoy coming to the school to learn and volunteer, now I avoid it as much as possible considering I have to see the defeated looks on the staffs faces, hear the principal talking to parents and staff in rude and demeaning tones, and it just being a depressing atmosphere in general.

Posted August 22, 2014
The rating of Dresden is a # in a big yellow circle on the top of this site. This # represents our school based off of one test; the MEAP. There is much discourse about this test that could make you question why this test & it alone determines the rating of Dresden. The MEAP is what it is. Dresden teachers know what it is not. We know that this 1 test can't describe your child as a learner. It can't decide his/her potential. While it can be used as raw data that can be placed on a website and end up representing a school by a one digit number, it can't sum up to equal the amount of love, care, & experience your child will receive during his/her education. The teaching staff at Dresden will not let 1 test drive the instruction that your child receives. We do not prepare your child to be successful on a MEAP test, we prepare your child to be successful at life. Instruction is guided by state & national standards & many sources of data about your child. If you are determining whether your child belongs at Dresden please come visit us. Meet our teachers, see our classrooms, learn about what is available here. Please call & set up a visit 586 797-4500. We look forward to meeting you.

Dresden Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2014
A recent change in Principal has left students and parents uninformed. Support for the child's education has greatly diminished. We used to love Dresden and now we can not wait to move on to Bemis.

Posted July 18, 2013
My Son has Attended Dresden since kindergarten and is now going into third grade - The Teachers and Staff have been wonderful, At home we help him to do his homework so he is getting an Excellent Education. The schgool motto "Live Above the Line" can only be achieved with Parental involvement in their Childs Education

Posted July 18, 2013
This is a Great school!!! The Staff, the Principal, and Teachers show genuine interest in their students, they now have very good security with Police presence continuously in the neighborhood since last years incident at Newtown

Posted July 18, 2013
My Child Loves going to school here!!! I have nothing bad to say how well my child is being educcated

Posted February 13, 2011
My grandson attends Dresden Elementary School and loves it there! The teachers and administrator go above and beyond to assist all children. They truly believe that every child achieves! If a child is struggling academically or socially, the staff are right alongside the children to determine what supports need to be in place to assist them.

Dresden Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2010
My niece went to dresdan for kindergarten and first grade, then we took her out of there and put her into another school which we love everything about it but it ended up closing, at dresdan everything was not ran well right down to the way the buses drove and parked, the staff etc the list goes on and on and unfortunatealy my nephew is back at dresdan this year because our school closed too bad it was not dresdan instead!

Dresden Elementary School 0

Posted July 09, 2009
Absolutely love this school. Our daughter does so well. All of the staff and teachers are great. Would never consider changing schools.

Dresden Elementary School
11400 Delvin Drive, Sterling Heights, MI  48314
Last modified Dresden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dresden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top