Sterling Heights, MI

Schwarzkoff Elementary School 4

Posted October 31, 2010
I like the school alot. The new principal is not a favorite of the students from what I learned from some of them but I think he's ok. Last year we had a teacher that didn't seem motivated to be there but we have a great teacher this year! So far so good.

Schwarzkoff Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2009
My two chilren attend Schwarzkoff, they love it, I think it's a great school, the principle is very invovled, the teachers do their best, as for the office staff, well, I think they could be a little more friendly. The school work seems to be pretty decent according to what they bring home to me, so yeah, I guess the school is pretty good!

Posted July 02, 2009
I am thrilled with all the summer academic activities on Schwarzkoff.org. My children get bored in the summer and I am always looking for things that will help them to learn more. Thank you Schwarzkoff staff for all your hard work.

Posted May 07, 2009
Due to some low reviews on this website of Schwarzkoff, I had serious misgivings about my daughter attending Schwarzkoff. We tried to transfer her to the school she attended preschool, but due to some confusion and faulty instructions, we didn't end up getting approved. However, after just a few weeks of my daughter attending Schwarzkoff, my worries dissipated. Her kindergarten teacher is phenomenal, and my daughter has learned and grown so much in just one short year. I volunteer in the classrooms almost once a week, so I have seen it first hand. The school volunteer group is superb. The principal is very friendly and involved with his school. There is a mix of ethinicities, but all students are treated the same as far as I have seen. Also, to the reviewer who said 'Terrible school. Period.' I saw students in the computer lab doing book reports just last week!

Schwarzkoff Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2009
I have had my trials and tribulation regarding the school and staff but everything has been addressed to my satisfaction. We are not an economically disadvantaged area. Unfortunately the State of Michigan is currently economically disadvantaged. We grew up in this neighborhood and we bought in the same neighborhood due to the fact that is safe, happy and very community orientated and the school system is top notch.

Posted February 01, 2009
i love schwarzkoff my child goes there and she enjoys it evrey dayi approve of the principal mr. hardy he is the best i know!!

Schwarzkoff Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2008

Schwarzkoff Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2008
Terrible school. Period. I suppose if you know no better (as quite a few parents do), you might believe it to be a decent school. not the case. We'd moved down to Sterling Heights from a more affluent area 4 years ago in order to save money to build our dream home. Despite being in a more economically disadvantaged area, we found our neighborhood to be acceptable. Unfortunately that's not the case with the local elementary school. Schwarzkoff seems to pride itself in achieving the mediocre. Luckily my wife and I will be moving this summer to an area with a school district in the black (instead of in the red such as Utica schools). FYI, my child is now in 7th grade and not once in her years within Utica schools (elementary & now junior high) has she been required to write a single book report. Simply amazing.

Posted April 25, 2008
This is my 10th year as a parent and volunteer here at Schwarzkoff. Do my children get 'special treatment?' No way! I have seen first hand that under no certain terms are they treated any differently than others. Which is great! The teachers, Mr. Hardy and all of the staff have been wonderful. When there are tuff times in our own family they are all very helpful to make sure the children can continue the day(s) in a normal routine. I feel very sorry for the parents that feel differently that things are thrown under the rug. (They are not.) For those that feel this way one question - are you part of your child/ren learning experience? Do you have open communication with the teachers, principal and other staff? I know as parents we sure do. Thank you Mr. Hardy and staff .

Posted April 24, 2008
I have had children attending Schwarzkoff for the past 8 years. Sadly, this is our last marking period at Schwarzkoff elementary school, as we will be on to junior high. We will greatly miss the family atmosphere at this school. My children have been so fortunate to attend a school where their teachers have all gone above and beyond to ensure them the best education possible. We purchased our home with the intent of attending UCS, however, it was by luck that our homeschool was Schwarzkoff. Thank you, Schwarzkoff staff, for an amazing elementary education! Schwarzkoff truly believes it's all about the kids!

Schwarzkoff Elementary School
8401 Constitution Boulevard, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Schwarzkoff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schwarzkoff Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top