Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Plumbrook Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2015
My child went here as school of choice for 2 years because I thought it would be a better choice than my home district -- I was wrong. The staff is very cold, they did not provide the accommodations that my child needed, did not give me all of the information about choices for my child (which I did not find out until long after we were gone from the school. And I only found out from another school district) one of my son's teachers was VERY mean, and the whole time I felt like we were being pushed out. He could have stayed another year but it was "strongly suggested" that he transfer to another school, and I completely agree. My child is very well-behaved and never gets in trouble, so that wasn't the issue. I felt like we weren't given the consideration other parents were because we are from a "poorer" district (to be fair it may have been something else, but I see no difference other than this). So this school is probably a good one as long as you live in the district, if you're school of choice then go somewhere else.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted October 29, 2015
The mean 4th grade teacher who dresses like she's going to the club was pretty ineffective. To be fair the other teacher was good.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 29, 2015
My child gets less homework in middle school than was given here. A lot of homework probably 4 nights a week, at least.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 02, 2015
Some teachers not fair with students, not all treated equally. this problem not solved at all in this school, the same reason we had last year and now, that teachers take care only a few students because she knows their parents.

Posted October 14, 2014
Plumbrook is awesome - I have 4 kids - 2 of which are at Plumbrook and have academic and social issues. Although at times it can be trying I can not be thankful for all the love and support that everyone from the top to the bottom have for my kids. This school is awesome, awesome, awesome and thankful for it being our school!

Posted September 16, 2014
Plumbrook is a great school , all the staff do care about every child that attends this school and takes time for each and every child. The principal mrs papastamatis was the best choice they made , every Teacher starting from Kindergarten is truly Amazing , the staff works together as a team and thats why everything in plumbrook is run smooth this is the Best School ever

Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten and we love the school. The teachers and principal have great communication . We receive Dailey emails.

Plumbrook Elementary School 1

Posted September 15, 2014
Math The state average for Math was 40% in 2014. 56 students were tested at this school in 2014. 2014 34% 2013 30% 2012 63% 2011 63%

Plumbrook Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
I chose the wrong school to my kids ,teachers not fair ,and the principal believing the teacher no matter what .be careful parents

Posted July 09, 2013
Plumbrook Elementary has been a wonderful school for our son! He loves school and looks forward to going every day. The teachers are amazing, so kind and friendly, and go out of their way to help their students' achieve. I'm sorry a few have had a bad experience but I don't see it and I am there often! I am school of choice so we picked Plumbrook out of many school tours, don't let a few negative people dissuade you from a wonderful school!

39660 Spalding Drive, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Plumbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.