Sterling Heights, MI

Browning Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2015
This school is exceptionally one of the worst schools my child ever has been to. The current principle is very irresponsible and undeserving as a principle. She doesn't care about the kids future and doesn't know how to treat the kids in the school.Overall the performance of the principle made this review of the school a one star.

Posted May 30, 2013
Browning - My son will be going into 5th grade this fall. Every one of his teachers have been the greatest and matched his personality. They have been supportive, motivating but challanging for him to do his personal best. The current principle has been there for most of the time my son has been there so I hadn't really gotten to know the prior one. All I can say is that she is very motivating, energetic and the kids love her. I think most of the parents who have negative things to say aren't as involved as they maybe should be. She is driven and gets things done, yes - but from my experience she has always been awesome with the kids and helps them solve their own issues. Kids need to start being accountable early and parents need to relax and help them learn this and support them. We have loved ALL his teachers, but Ms. Westman (now Mrs. Scerske) has been our favorite. I only hope my other son and daughter are fortunate to have her as well. She teaches sign language, compassion and is wonderful. Mrs. Aiello is another one that is challanging but in the most rewarding way where my son needs it. The Elementary National Honor Society and its teachers are awesome too!

Browning Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2013
Our family started at this school in 2001. We now have a Junior at UAIS, Freshman at Ford II, & a 6th Grader at Browning. We have been very fortunate to have had the friendship & support of the Browning community over the years (this includes, families, students, staff, & administration.) So proud of the effort members of the staff put in to improve & provide a well-rounded educational experience (media center/literacy programs, National Junior Honor Society, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Physical Education initiatives & Fun Run, Recycling Club, etc.) Not to mention all the time, effort, & compassion that goes into ensuring all our 6th graders over the years leave Browning academically, socially, & emotionally ready for Junior High! I could go on & on. It wouldn't be possible without the collaboration between home & school. It takes a village! So, thanks to all the families, students, staff, etc. who've done so much to make "Browning the Best!"

Browning Elementary School 2

Posted December 18, 2012
We were new to the area this past spring and looking for a school for the 2012-13 school year for our children. I was disappointed with this school. The front office staff did not seem overly friendly, I heard another teacher actually yelling at a student in the hallway, and the students seemed a bit rowdy. However, the principal was friendly and the teachers seemed fine as well. The three things I mentioned earlier really turned us off though.

Browning Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2012
I am extremely disappointed by principal & office staff's lack of effort to truly listen to students and parents. More importantly, their refusal to incorporate feedback into school initiatives, learning communities, etc. It's her way or the highway. School atmosphere has suffered as a result. Parents must feel welcome to volunteer, ask questions, and critical part of their child's education without feeling looked down upon, judged, and unappreciated. It's sad. Browning doesn't have the cohesive partnership it once had between parents, staff, & administrations. Very unfortunate parents don't feel welcome or that it's worth the effort to try.

Browning Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2011
I am not as happy with the new principal at our school. Our school used to be a great place for children. The staff was adored and the principal cherished. Not so much anymore! She has a very distanct way of doing things and if your not on board she will twist and turn to fit her needs. Support staff is hard to keep at browning now a days. The teaching staff is split which is never good. I feel as though she is a puppet with not much real concern for our children. She is a master in manipuation if your not careful. Becasue we now have a choice i would not choose browning. Be careful of her words

Posted July 21, 2010
Browning is truely the best!! We transferred to Browning after a disaterous experience at another UCS elementary. The Principal was wonderful- she went out of her way to make our child feel special and welcome. She energectially greets the children every morning, knowing most by thier fist names. The teacher was respectful of my child and truely cared for her well being. The students and their families were warm and welcoming. The PTA is very active and creates opportuites for the students. It is very easy to get involved in the PTA-no political nonsense so often plagued by small groups. I cannot say enough about Browning!!

Posted December 10, 2008
My family is new to Browning Elementary. My children have transferred from a private school, and I cannot explain how much happier my children have been. They enjoy going on the bus, they love their teachers! My husband and I feel much more comfortable at the school. I have been reading about the new principal and all I can say is that she and her staff have been the most welcoming people ever. For example, she welcomed the children one by one this morning as the buses were late (due to ice and snow conditions )and she put the children at ease about being late, I am certain that she is a truly caring and well certified principal! Academically, my children are right at the level they should be and socially, they are so much better off! The parents @ Browning have also made my family feel very welcomed!

Posted December 09, 2008
I am a former student of Browning and currently a Future Educator student as well. (My placement is in the Learning Center.) I think Browning is a wonderful school for children. The staff is welcoming and always put the students first. The new principal is trying her best to make eveyone feel welcome, including during conference week, in which she came around to each classroom with a cart of baked goods (pie, cake, brownies, ect) and served each teacher herself, which shocked me, in a good way. The teachers work together as a team, using each other as resources. I have nothing to say but good things about this school!

Posted October 15, 2008
I disagree with the below post the changes being implemented are there to protect our children and school, they are the same policies UCS has always had our school just was very casual about them. Give the principal a chance she has been there for what 3 months and people are already asking what the school board was thinking. this school has needed change for a long time, out with the old in with the new. I have been a Browning parent for many years now and welcome the change the I see.

Browning Elementary School
12400 19 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Browning Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Browning Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top