Bad
Good

Adlai Stevenson High School 1

Posted September 04, 2015
I'm not going to say this was the best of the five Utica schools I've attended, rather the least worst. UCS loves to brag about how great their schools are, but they only base it on academic performance. The real problem with Stevenson and its related schools is a largely ignored one - it crushes the individual. No matter how good the staff is at any point, nor how many electives are available, the core problem still remains. Compulsory education laws force innocent people to be taken away from home in intervals with no reward, and no amount of bragging UCS makes (especially with their ego-boosting UCS Means Success campaign) will make me reconsider my grudge against this school. As a 2015 graduate, I can say with absolute confidence that Stevenson did not help me prepare for my future in any way. I'm disgusted by the farce that is "Titan Pride", which is just another term for embracing collective thinking instead of the individual in my view. With Stevenson being one of the most obvious choices for families suffering from the pressure of compulsory education in this location, I find it necessary to speak out against these dystopian laws over here. Basically, I'm sick of UCS believing they are any better than any other school district.

Posted September 16, 2009
The positive and nurturing school environment and the outstanding and challenging core curriculum, especially in the area of social studies.

Posted September 17, 2008
Okay, I'm currently going to Stevenson, and I have to put the record straight. Yes, Stevenson is crowded, we're the most crowded school in the district. We are that way because we, for one, have a lot of programs that the other schools don't have, and two, more students live by that school. It's just natural to put a student in a school they live by. And no we do not lack discipline! If you are failing to the point of not graduating on schedule, you are kicked out. It's not like we're carring dead weight. As for crowded busses, High School are only allotted a certain amount of buses per school. There's no control over that. Stevenson is a great school. Sure, it lacks in a few areas, but then again, so does every other school.

Posted September 03, 2008
I graduated from Stevenson in 2005, and it was the best high school ever! Great teachers, kind and curteous staff, and excellent curriculum.

Posted May 31, 2008
Great school, went there for 2 years. Great teachers and students.. a very good and safe place to learn and prepare for college.

Adlai Stevenson High School 3

Posted December 04, 2007
Dissapoited at the cuts in techinical ed such as building trades and 'hands ON' jobs teaching. Too bad Utica won't accept classes from nearby WCS career prep center as credit either.

Posted November 26, 2007
they lack in discipline and organization....it is too crowded in the hallways...and the busses are overcrowded too..3 high schoolers sometimes have to sit in 1 seat with all of their books because more students get on in the afternoon then there are supposed to be.

Posted August 23, 2007
I have two daughters at Stevenson High School and we all love it! The teachers are awesome and extremely passionate about what they do. Our sports teams are outstanding and always place well. I must say, the SHS school spirit is out of control! Stevenson, we love you!

Posted July 10, 2007
I love my school! Its the best high school ever! No highschool can compare to us! :]

Posted December 04, 2003
I just went to see my daughter in her show choir christmas show over at Stevenson High School. It was a very inspiritional concert. Thanks to Mr. Hubert, it was another fine show !! I'm thankful that my daughter has him as her teacher.

39701 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. (586) 797-1900
Last modified Adlai Stevenson High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.