Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Disagree

No young child should have pages of work and test . Smart children will start to fail

No contribution from school. All work done by parents. Just an overrated Cupertino school. Yeou are lucky if your kid gets a good teacher. Majority of teachers don't care about the kids and are not committed. School maintains its API rating because of hard work done by parents and students outside of school. No real contribution from the institution which is a shame.

We have two children who have attended Collins for the past several years. Our experiences have been very positive! The teachers, principal, staff and aides are very professional and caring. They really do go above and beyond when it comes to teaching and caring for our children! This is one reason thta we have so many school of choice students. We cannot say enough about the family atmosphere that exists here. Parents are friendly and open to ideas the teachers and administrators share and try to implement. We couldn't have wished for a better elementary school.

I am just shocked at the last parent review of Collins Elementary. I have been involved with Collins for 9 years and have never seen any kind of the behavior this parent is talking about. I don't believe that the 30% of our students that are school of choice would have chosen our school if all of these terrible things are going on. As for the students being horrible? This is just not true guests that have come into our building that I have talked to had nothing but good things to say about our students. Comments such as the students were friendly, quiet and respectful. I am also very sad that you could not see the greatness at Collins that I have seen, the growth these kids have made, the friendships and the hard work they have put into their education. Our kids do shine!

Collins is an outstanding place for all of the children there. The students are greeted by the principal every morning. The teaching staff and the principal are there for all of the students. Collins is very diverse and all children are excepted. If you look at our test scores you will notice that in many areas our children of color out perform the rest. The principal and staff are very pro active to insure all children are safe. The students are all very respectful. Collins is home to more then 80 school of choice students from all around Macomb county. I have worked in many schools in my career and hands down Collins is the best!

Sitting here reading these reviews are not helpful for those who are looking for schools currently. This school including the principal picks their favorite children. No one here is open or friendly at all. The parents turn their heads and don't even introduce themselves. The children are just as horrible as the parents. I have a child that has been attending this school for 2 years now and he has had a bully and this issue contunues to go unaddressed. The teachers set guidelines and do not follow them. The only thing that is positive is the activies, other than that this school is not people friendly nor is it open to people of different ethnic backround. It sad to see young children who pick on children of other color. I am sad to say this school does not uphold the reputation it posses. Everything that glitters isn't gold.

You will be very impressed with the caliber of teacher dedication and the Principal's leadership. There is a vision in place that truly serves the needs of the students. Collins is a school where students succeed. Brenda Ercolani

Outstanding principal with great vision to do what is right for all of his students. Staff is very dedicated to the needs of all students. My son and daughter absolutely love being a part of Collins. Fun, safe and I know my kids are receiving a top notch elementary education.

Last modified Bruce Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.