Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

There's open communication with everyone involved with my son...from the SACC staff to the Principal.

I’m grateful for Mrs. Hamilton (2nd grade teacher). My son has ADHD and he has been a challenge to all of his teacher’s since pre-school. Mrs. Hamilton is a seasoned teacher that has so many tricks in her bag, that he has done very well with her. I don’t receive nearly as many calls home as I have the past 2 years. He longer comes home complaining about school and saying he does not want to go back. It goes to show we still have dedicated teachers out there and it’s important to show our appreciation and not take them for granted. Mrs. Hamilton...I salute and thank you for being so wonderful.

The school has provided a wonderful educational environment for my child. The Mandarin Immersion program is fantastic and gives the children an opportunity to learn a 2nd language as part of their everyday curriculum. The teachers are kind, caring and involved with academic development of the children inside and outside of school. The only complaint I have is that the current principal isn't the friendliest. The children don't find her very warm...more like a drill sergeant. I understand being a principal is a tough job but a good leader in someone that everyone wants to work with...not avoid.

Great school, great teachers. The Family Tree program is top notch. In all honesty, the teachers in the mandarin program are 10 times better than those that are not. The ones that are not are a hit/miss. I hear they are changing the program though, so we'll see what next year brings. New principal is doing a great job though, although the kids are not too fond of her.

All of my children have gone through Oakbrook and I still have the youngest there. My biggest complain is class sizes, every year it has gotten worse. Half of the families in my neigborhood that are zoned for this school takes their kids to private school or other schools and the main reason is class sizes. We are seriously considering putting our youngest in private school since this has been an issue for him too. UCS need to do something about this or this school will continue to go down, it has a pretty bad reputation already. 25 kids on a 2nd grade class is absurd. I feel for the teachers they are doing what they can but the district needs to address this. I believe this schools is one of the worst in the district in term of class sizes because of the large amount of out of district kids they are taking. I have nothing againts school of choice but class sizes is driving in district kids out of this school.

The teachers and principal in this school are very good. My son is Mandarin program, what is great. He is very happy attending to the Oakbrook.

The principal and all the staff are great. I would reccomend this school to anyone. I just recently moved before the school year and enrolled in the school of choice to keep my student here.

The principle is amazing! He genuinely cares about the students. As a parent I feel he makes himself available to my cares and concerns. thankyou

this school is simply amazing. ive had such luck with the teachers and you dont need luck to be good with them. theyre all very nice and they help each and every student.

My children are bilingual and this school does not offer any real solution to helping them learn. What can be solve by holding a child back a grade. They need a bilingual teacher to help the students with what it is that they don't understand. I do spend time with my children and teach them as much as I can but it is so overwhelming that i feel why do I need to send them to school if I have to teach them everything so when they go to school they can do the school work the teacher gives them. If your child is fluent in english and smart then yes this is a good school. And for the record my child isn't the only or the first bilingual student that is transfering out of this school.

Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.