Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 07, 2015
I’m grateful for Mrs. Hamilton (2nd grade teacher). My son has ADHD and he has been a challenge to all of his teacher’s since pre-school. Mrs. Hamilton is a seasoned teacher that has so many tricks in her bag, that he has done very well with her. I don’t receive nearly as many calls home as I have the past 2 years. He longer comes home complaining about school and saying he does not want to go back. It goes to show we still have dedicated teachers out there and it’s important to show our appreciation and not take them for granted. Mrs. Hamilton...I salute and thank you for being so wonderful.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 07, 2015
They have a strong teaching staff at Oakbrook. My son is now in the 2nd grade and has been there since kindergarten. I have only great things to say about all of his teachers. Very knowledgeable, sincere, compassionate and they care about their students being successful.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 07, 2015
There's open communication with everyone involved with my son...from the SACC staff to the Principal.

Oakbrook Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2014
The school has provided a wonderful educational environment for my child. The Mandarin Immersion program is fantastic and gives the children an opportunity to learn a 2nd language as part of their everyday curriculum. The teachers are kind, caring and involved with academic development of the children inside and outside of school. The only complaint I have is that the current principal isn't the friendliest. The children don't find her very warm...more like a drill sergeant. I understand being a principal is a tough job but a good leader in someone that everyone wants to work with...not avoid.

Posted June 05, 2014
Great school, great teachers. The Family Tree program is top notch. In all honesty, the teachers in the mandarin program are 10 times better than those that are not. The ones that are not are a hit/miss. I hear they are changing the program though, so we'll see what next year brings. New principal is doing a great job though, although the kids are not too fond of her.

Oakbrook Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2014
All of my children have gone through Oakbrook and I still have the youngest there. My biggest complain is class sizes, every year it has gotten worse. Half of the families in my neigborhood that are zoned for this school takes their kids to private school or other schools and the main reason is class sizes. We are seriously considering putting our youngest in private school since this has been an issue for him too. UCS need to do something about this or this school will continue to go down, it has a pretty bad reputation already. 25 kids on a 2nd grade class is absurd. I feel for the teachers they are doing what they can but the district needs to address this. I believe this schools is one of the worst in the district in term of class sizes because of the large amount of out of district kids they are taking. I have nothing againts school of choice but class sizes is driving in district kids out of this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and principal in this school are very good. My son is Mandarin program, what is great. He is very happy attending to the Oakbrook.

Posted September 22, 2010
The principal and all the staff are great. I would reccomend this school to anyone. I just recently moved before the school year and enrolled in the school of choice to keep my student here.

Posted December 11, 2009
The principle is amazing! He genuinely cares about the students. As a parent I feel he makes himself available to my cares and concerns. thankyou

12060 Greenway Drive, Sterling Heights, MI  48312
Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.