Posted July 06, 2014
The school has provided a wonderful educational environment for my child. The Mandarin Immersion program is fantastic and gives the children an opportunity to learn a 2nd language as part of their everyday curriculum. The teachers are kind, caring and involved with academic development of the children inside and outside of school. The only complaint I have is that the current principal isn't the friendliest. The children don't find her very warm...more like a drill sergeant. I understand being a principal is a tough job but a good leader in someone that everyone wants to work with...not avoid.

Posted June 05, 2014
Great school, great teachers. The Family Tree program is top notch. In all honesty, the teachers in the mandarin program are 10 times better than those that are not. The ones that are not are a hit/miss. I hear they are changing the program though, so we'll see what next year brings. New principal is doing a great job though, although the kids are not too fond of her.

Oakbrook Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2014
All of my children have gone through Oakbrook and I still have the youngest there. My biggest complain is class sizes, every year it has gotten worse. Half of the families in my neigborhood that are zoned for this school takes their kids to private school or other schools and the main reason is class sizes. We are seriously considering putting our youngest in private school since this has been an issue for him too. UCS need to do something about this or this school will continue to go down, it has a pretty bad reputation already. 25 kids on a 2nd grade class is absurd. I feel for the teachers they are doing what they can but the district needs to address this. I believe this schools is one of the worst in the district in term of class sizes because of the large amount of out of district kids they are taking. I have nothing againts school of choice but class sizes is driving in district kids out of this school.

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and principal in this school are very good. My son is Mandarin program, what is great. He is very happy attending to the Oakbrook.

Posted September 22, 2010
The principal and all the staff are great. I would reccomend this school to anyone. I just recently moved before the school year and enrolled in the school of choice to keep my student here.

Oakbrook Elementary School 0

Posted December 11, 2009
The principle is amazing! He genuinely cares about the students. As a parent I feel he makes himself available to my cares and concerns. thankyou

Posted April 17, 2009
this school is simply amazing. ive had such luck with the teachers and you dont need luck to be good with them. theyre all very nice and they help each and every student.

Oakbrook Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2009
My children are bilingual and this school does not offer any real solution to helping them learn. What can be solve by holding a child back a grade. They need a bilingual teacher to help the students with what it is that they don't understand. I do spend time with my children and teach them as much as I can but it is so overwhelming that i feel why do I need to send them to school if I have to teach them everything so when they go to school they can do the school work the teacher gives them. If your child is fluent in english and smart then yes this is a good school. And for the record my child isn't the only or the first bilingual student that is transfering out of this school.

Posted December 15, 2008

Oakbrook Elementary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I am a school of choice parent and I feel very blessed that I am able to have my children go to such a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are wonderful. I feel that the parent participation is very important and hope that in the years to come we are lucky enough to have parents involved as much as they are now.

Oakbrook Elementary School
12060 Greenway Drive, Sterling Heights, MI  48312
Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakbrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top