Sterling Heights, MI

Posted October 10, 2013
Havel Elementary is the only school after preschool that my daughter has attended and her kindergarten school year was tough because the teacher was just really demanding and over bearing but this year she has Mrs. Dolenga and she is doing GREAT!! This teacher is really making a difference in her. The school is really helpful and on top of things. If I didn't have to move I would keep her there. :(

Havel Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2012
im sorry to say this but havel has really gone downhill inthe last two years. i had 1 child go through k-6 and it was wonderfull. now my 2nd child is in the 6 grade,and i can not wait for him to be out. the last two years have been awefull. some of the old staff is still there and they are not thrilled either. its to bad that this wonderfull school is now a joke. some of the new teachers are just plain rude. i feel they are there for a paycheck and thats about it. i feel the same way about the principal.they just donot care and it shows!!!

Posted June 09, 2009
My child attends Havel. The teachers are great. I just wish they would have more diversity, where minority children don't feel left out.

Posted May 13, 2009
I have two children who attend or have attended Havel. I also have a child in a different school. The teachers, students and staff are the best compared to any of the schools we have been at.

Posted March 30, 2009
What a great community of parents and teachers at Havel. The nursery/preschool teacher was sent straight from Heaven. She is a tough act to follow but all of the teachers are great.

Posted September 04, 2008
My son just finished sixth grade at Havel.He started there in preschool .It is an absolutely wonderful school to attend starting with the office,Mrs. Chuminatto (principal) and teachers. There is a great volunteer league & parents who make a difference!

Posted February 25, 2008
Both of my children attend this school. One is in 1st grade and the other is in Pre-School. (I absolutely love the pre-school teacher. She sets the bar pretty high for the other teachers!) The teachers, office staff, and other parents are great! And for the other review that said they didn't have latchkey, they do now. This is a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted May 29, 2007
i love havel, starting with the staff of office workers ,teachers, volunteers,and the reading programs are tops, they really care about the children the principal is the best she treats the children and parents like we are her family

Posted October 16, 2004
I have 2 children at Havel and next year will have 3. It is a wonderful school. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Lots of parent involvement. The teachers and principal truly care about each child.

Posted February 10, 2004
This is our homeschool, but due to no Latchkey, we have to transfer our children in Walsh. I think Latchkey is very important for working parents.

41855 Schoenherr Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Havel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Havel Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top