Sterling Heights, MI
Students enrolled: 1,981

Posted May 11, 2015
Henry Ford II High School is a family, and the other high school in our district ( Including Chippewea and Dakota ) are our extended family. Within this past year we have lost two students within our school to tragedy, and within our district we have lost five friends. Today, May 11th, 2015, is the day we return to school after the lose of our fellow student Michael Wells, and the loss of our three friends from Stevenson High School Jon Monolios, Jack Parry, and Manny Malaj. As I walk through the halls I see broken spirits and hearts due to this tragedy but our principal Ken Cuchi has provide us with an area to grieve in our library and suport from our counsellors and professional grief counsellors from our district. If you are thinking about sending your child here know that you are send them to a family, like all families we of course have feuds but when a fellow family member is in need of a hug or support we will always be there. Being a senior here currently I am happy to be leaving this school knowing its halls will continue to be filled with endless love. Falcons Flock Together. - Sara Schoenherr

Posted July 11, 2013
This is an amazing high school. The students are very welcoming and accepting of others. The teachers are amazing and always willing to help. There are a number of different clubs and organizations to become active in. The courses are challenging but not impossible.

Posted January 03, 2010
I attend this school right now and love it. Unlike other schools, there a place for everyone here. The teachers are nice and are always there if extra help is needed.

Posted December 16, 2009
I graduated in 1983 from HFII and my son now attends my old school. Where I loved high school many teens I talk with hate it. This is not the case with my son since we moved from the Brandon school district to attend HFII. The staff is very professional and there seems to be a genuine concern of the kids. The football team isn t what it used to be when I graduated but there is only room for improvement.

Posted February 08, 2009
I am shocked that my child's Biology class does not do labs on a regular basis. I remember taking Biology in 9th grade at Davis and most of the class used labs to teach the concepts. To the Biology teachers at Ford, learning science should be done as hands-on as possible to make the learning more meaningful. It is not about reading the book and doing worksheet packets, taking notes, and then taking a test. That is not teaching - I know - I am a science teacher myself. Most of your students could take the class without ANY input from you. Your job is to teach through demonstrations that help the students make connections to what is being taught. Use the microscopes the district has purchased to learn about cells and develop some lab skills, use mendelian genetics experiments to make real-world connections. The opportunities for learning are endless.

Henry Ford Ii High School 4

Posted September 07, 2008
I am a student at Ford and I love it. Most of the teachers are great, and the students are more mature. I thought it was easy to find my way around the 1st day of school, and I was a freshmen. I recommend it.

Posted September 04, 2008
I am a former teacher of Henry Ford H.S. After working in the public schools for 33 years, I can honestly say that it was the best school I ever taught at. The staff and administration were very supportive. Students were their #1 priority.

Henry Ford Ii High School 2

Posted May 14, 2008
My children go to Henry Ford now and how I see it they do not like the school. They believe if you are in a sport you will do good. If not they feel the councelors not all have no interest in you. They also feel that the teachers don't take the time to teach the way they should but they are ready to judge you. What ever happen when teachers stayed there full 8 hrs and students could actually go talk to them about concerns. I see teachers leaving when the students leave that is pretty sad

Henry Ford Ii High School 1

Posted May 06, 2008
I think that the school allows too many students to perform in subpar ways and still achieve a high grade. I'm only in one non-advanced course and in that class the only important assignments are the tests and the final senior english project.

Posted October 25, 2007
I was a former student of Ford. I spent all freshman year throught the end of junior year. When I went to Ford I didnt really like it. But then when i moved, i realized what i was missing out on. I miss all my friends at Ford. I miss all the spirit. The new school that I am currently attending is nothing compared to Ford. If i had one wish, it would be to be able to attend Ford for my senior year. I would do this instead of having to attend a new school, where I don't know anyone.

11911 Clinton River Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48313
Last modified Henry Ford Ii High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry Ford Ii High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top