Sterling Heights, MI

Heritage Junior High School 5

Posted December 05, 2014
I can't say enough about this school. It is a smaller junior high school for the area and I really feel the staff works hard to make sure kids do not get lost. I know I have a lot of friends who would like to send their kids here but can't because of its limited size.

Posted November 18, 2014
This is a very prejudiced school and everybody from the top down needs diversity training, as well as HOW TO TREAT EACH YOUNG PERSON THE SAME THAT THEY EXPECT, YES, EVEN DEMAND OF THEMSELVES. The teachers think they are beyond reproach, and children are treated like cattle. They are a number, to be sold to the highest bidder, THEIR PAYCHECK! If your children treat teachers like teachers are allowed to treat them they would be in big trouble & You would receive a call from the school. CHILDREN ARE PEOPLE TOO AND DESERVE TO BE TREATED WITH THE SAME DIGNITY AND RESPECT THAT TEACHERS AND OTHER STAFF EXPECT TO RECEIVE!!!! OTHERWISE, GO AND WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE, WITH ONLY ADULTS, THEN SEE YOU HOW YOU WILL BE TREATED IF YOU TRY THAT BEHAVIOR ON THEM. YOU'LL BE PICKING YOUR TEETH UP OFF THE FLOOR!!

Heritage Junior High School 5

Posted August 29, 2014
I'm a heritage student and this school is awesome. Teachers pay attention to students. The school is very clean. The councellers encourage students to talk to them. The school should have more books in the library. Overall this school is absolutely amazing. I'm a ninth grader and I don't want to leave this school. <3 heritage

Posted December 22, 2013
I'm very disappointed with the entire staff with in Heritage Junior High. There is bullying problem with in this school and the principle, vice principle, and staff drag their feet in getting to the bottom of the situation and don't get the 'immediate response" with in the bullying law. From a parent standpoint, be sure you watch for signs of bullying with your child. My child has gotten it so bad that my child doesn't want to return to school or any other school and is currently seeking help to overcome the fear of being bullied. This is a group of kids, not just one or two individuals. It's practically the entire school that is in on it.

Posted December 22, 2013
This school has a bullying issue and the leadership and counselors don't have a vested interest in the well being of the students. They say all the right things but none of their actions support what they say. Some of the teachers are good but without appropriate leadership and mentoring of the students, this school does not foster a positive environment.

Posted December 22, 2013
Teachers are mean to the students, show incredible favoritism and they label children unfairly. Some teachers are downright rude to any parents that care about their child's progress and all staff including counselors treat parents that ask questions, or voice concerns as if they are such a pain it is disheartening that this jr. high school is part of the UCS district, very poor representation of the district. I have also heard of significant bully issues within the school that go unaddressed.

Posted December 11, 2013
My son is in his second year at Heritage and I am now looking at home school/online school options. I have found the staff very unprofessional! Many teachers do not respond to emails. There is absolutely NO communication with the parents. I have called the main office to request homework when my son was out for several days due to illness and only get 1 or 2 assignements. I have spoken with the principal and vice principal and several occasions regarding issues we are having only to be treated with disrespect or have my requests ignored. Very unhappy here!

Heritage Junior High School 3

Posted September 11, 2013
I am not seeing anything good come out of this school...it is all about numbers and making the staff look good. The kids get lists a mile long to bring to class and then the staff members say they only need the book, paper, pencil, and folder to bring to class. What a joke this school needs to be on the same page....different rules and policies for everyone including the staff.

Heritage Junior High School 4

Posted August 07, 2012
I love the school, there's nothing I can say other than that. I just wish they would update the website. It hasn't been updated since June 2011!

Heritage Junior High School 3

Posted June 14, 2012
Some teachers are great, those are the ones providing what our kid need to successfully learn the course material. They get 4.5 stars even if our kid did poorly on some assignment because it was strictly our kid fault and never had a complaint. One the other hand, our kid complaints were plentiful about a few. A kid question should be treated as deserving of the teacher's attention rather than a pain or waste of their effort. Also, no students should ever overhear teachers talking poorly of students such as calling someone "dumb" or "look what I have to deal with." Some teach assignments as if the students are in college or add tangent material good in the work place but distracts a kid from learning the course material. Some are quick to hand out failing grades (LF) or zero's based on minor things, make negative assumptions, or assumptions on what one student says without getting all the facts. Asking will usually clarify many concerns. Because our kid has lost some of the enjoyment about learning and we want to get the motivation high, we are exploring other schools.

Heritage Junior High School
37400 Dodge Park Road, Sterling Heights, MI  48312
Last modified Heritage Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9
Heritage Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top