Bad
Good

Common Core is destroying our children's future. We used to be proud of our Blue Ribbon schools. All that is gone now.

My child has attended Fillmore since kindergarden & in 5th grade now. The school was a blue ribbon school, and it has definitely declined. Mrs. Shubnell was an awesome principal & when this year round school year was implemented there has definitely been a decline in the school enviroment. There is less parental involvement, the principal isn't as attentive as Mrs. Shubnell, and there arent any incentives for the kids offered like there were with the previous faculty. Dr. Livernois can scrap the whole year round idea.It was a great idea in the beginning, but the kids barely went to school this year, with the excessive snow days, and intercession weeks the kids go back to school getting lessons crammed down their throat. I love the teachers here past & present, but prior to this year round idea Fillmore was a family/neighborhood school, now its just a "school". I'm all for year round schooling but this idea needs to be redone because the calendar year is redundant. Prior to the yr round idea there was after school tutoring, band practice, spring concerts, more behavioral & academic incentives for the kids now there is nothing. I'm sad to see the decline..

I love Fillmore. I have heard rumors from other parents in the district that Fillmore is the best school in Warren Con. They have the best teachers, a positive working and learning environment. I feel that some parents do not do enough to help out. I volunteer my time, but always see the same faces. The teacher is with my son for a long time. They need our help to support the theory of "it takes a village."

We have been at Fillmore for many years. I truly love this school! The teachers try to go above and beyond for the students, whether they need to be challenged or need extra attention. The teachers not only care about academics, but the well-being of their students. I am knowledgable about the current economic situation of the school district, and unfortunately have seen how this has affected the teachers' ability to provide materials and additional extra curricular activities for the children. However, the teachers show they care in many other ways. I would recommend this school to anyone!

I have two children that attend Fillmore. We all love this school! Sadly we will be moving out of state before the 2010-11 school year... we will miss Fillmore. If you are considering this elementary school, I highly recommend it!

I have two children that have attended Fillmore since kindergarten. I definitely feel since Mr. Walmsley left it has gone WAY down hill. The principal now is more like a friend than a boss and she is not equal with her discipline to all students. The violence that is tolerated is beyond belief and I was told by a parent that most disciplinary problems that go to Carlton come from Fillmore, can totally see that. My kids get good grades and for the most part have liked their teachers. Teachers need to stop yelling and whining, u chose the profession ur in, now do your JOB!

Fillmore Elementary is absolutely blessed to have Ms. Shubnell for Principal. She cares about kids and she cares most about their achievement in school.

The school has defintely gone down hill since the last principal retired. Now with the new principal the teachers are less flexible, you don't see many at after school activities (unless being paid)and the activities cost the parents much more.

I had 2 children who attended Fillmore. When my son first started there in Kindergarten, it was a good school with a principal, John Iras, who really cared about the kids. Everything at the school was about the children. My daughter started in kindergarten also and is 2 years behind my son. The school has steadily gone down hill. We moved out of the district after my son completed 3 rd grade because the district and this school had gotten so bad. I was an involved parent, who volunteered regularly. I tried to discuss problems with the principal, the parent advocate, the school board and the superintendent and got no where. I would not recommend this school or this district to anyone. The PTO is politically charged. Student privacy is ignored by the office staff.

Last modified Fillmore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.