Bad
Good

This school is amazing. I love this school, it is just epic. The tutoring and help they offer here is very cool. I could not get this type of education anywhere else. Because of the helpful teachers and other staff , My grades have gone from D's to A's. This school really needs $5000 . They are already one of the best schools in the world but they could improve BIG TIME with $5000.

This is a pretty good school. The band program is great. The sports offered are Track, Basketball, Football, and Volleyball. The new principal motivates the students to "be the best you can be." The electives are more opened up in 8th grade. The school is really starting to incorporate more technology/engineering and is boosting the language arts programs for 6th and 7th graders. A good amount of new teachers are usually mixed in every year. Vocabulary is also being enhanced daily with DAVE(Daily Academic Vocabulary Exploration). One of the only down sides to the school and the entire district is the foreign language program. I only say this because students only have the choice of Spanish. So whether the student is interested or not in Spanish, they must take at least 2 high school credits of Spanish, and 1 is offered in the 8th grade. Maybe WCS will soon be able to add more languages to the foreign language program such as French, Arabic, German, and Chinese. 8th grade students are allowed to earn up to 3 high school credits ( Science, Spanish, and Algebra) Some electives offered are engineering, computers, band, gym, health, and art. Student Council and Ecology Club are clubs.

This school is one of the best schools my daughter and son has ever been to. They also went to Flynn but they got pressured into drugs

This school is worse than its dismal rating, avoid horrible teachers like David Luedtke if you can. Strongly advise using schools of choice to get out of Grissom

The school really isn't that bad. I'm moving into the eigth grade this year. Of course not everyone is going to have a good time in any school, but that doesn't mean the school is 'horrific'. You can only do so much about the bullies, only so much. They'll keep coming back, no matter what you do. Aha, kids these days. I actually like the school, disappointed with the lack of activities and clubs. And not much motivation, but other than that it's a pretty good school.

As a parent of a sixth grader, I experienced a horrific year with some staff members at Grissom. Some were biased, unpleasant, and highly unprofessional.

I think it's a very great school Mr.Lupe and Mrs.Beebee are probably the best principals you could ask for. Out of all the programs the band program is the best. Mrs.Zachary, the current band instruction is amazing. [ Yes, I am in band and play the oboe.] Without her our band would not be where it is. And most of the students that are in the highest band in warren mott have come from Grissom bands.We could probably use a few new teachers [ and a few students replaced...not possible but dreams sometimes do come true.] But other than that It's a fun school to be in and i'm very happy to be attending it.

it is exelent i get the help i need i liked how everyone gretted us 6th graders last year.

Out of the 12 years I have been sending my children to school. We finally went to Grissom and Mrs. Beebee and the rest of the teachers and staff made this last year the best and easiest year I have ever had. I was starting to hate school more than when I went to school. Know my last is starting High school and I am very sad that we had to leave Grissom. keep up the good work and I hope to stop by and see all of you soon. Have a great year.

The quality of academic programs could be better. It is not the best school to go to. The availability of extracurricular activities is really excellent. The level of parent involvement is really beneficial. numerous parents love to help out. I think that really helps the school. The school needs a lot of work. There are is a lot of bullying going on at this school. They have to work on getting the bullying under control. If you want your child to go to this school I think that you should think twice. Would you want your child to go to this school?; because I know that I would not That is why I am not letting my child go to this school any more.

Last modified Grissom Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.