PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall I think the staff does a good job. No one is perfect but their qualifications are solid and their commitment to the kids is very high.

Amount of homework: Agree

I want my kids to have some homework, we need to teach our kids that work is not a 4 letter word. I also think a healthy balance of play and social interaction is important and I believe they can do that with the amount of school work they do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Their program builds on a foundation of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I have found them to be fair and honest in working with me as a parent.

I will start by saying that no school is perfect; any place full of children (humans) is by definition imperfect. Church attendance locally: A vast majority of students and faculty do not attend Bethesda.I read the term "clickish" well news flash, schools are full of kids. Seriously, are you kidding me... Bullying! My daughter came home and was complaining about being bullied and I started asking questions and found out another kid said things she didn't like; welcome to life kid... I know as parents we tend to believe all are children say because "my child doesn't lie". I know this because I say the same thing. But what I also know is how my child see's things is not always how a discerning adult will see them... I like the school, and the staff... Are there things that can be better? Yes of course, but I would give this school a "one star" because that would be disingenuous. NOTE: two of my personal friends children that graduated last year are attending major college universities on full ride scholarships. This schools is highly thought of, and has high academic standards...

If you are looking for a public school that allows prayer and requires students to remember Bible verse, this is the place for you. Not only do they allow bullying the have large class sizes. BEWARE!!!!

From a parent perspective I truly love Parkway. My teenage daughter struggled in her previous school and has blossomed here. Both of my children love the school and have become involved with sports and activities. It was a blessing to see how my introverted daughter easily got involved and felt included here. The staff care and provide support. I highly recommend Parkway for the focus on academics and spirituality in a Christian environment. I also love the uniform policy and casual Fridays. I would encourage anyone to consider this school.

Choose it if you want a decent school, not because it is Christian. The school is a business first, catering to those they prefer. Keep your opinions to yourself, don't stand out too much, don't complain, and you should be O.K.

Excellent school! I have had two students graduate from this school, one went to a 4 year University, the other went to Bible School. The teachers care about the students and the school is very diverse culturally, socially, and along denominational lines. They received a solid education along with a strong biblical foundation. My kids were not involved with sports but found other areas where they could develop their talents as they prepared for adulthood. The Administration is personable and available to parents as well as students. I would recommend Parkway.

This school is very clickish even the teachers play favorites. If you are not a favorite of your child's teacher plan on not being able to volunteer or help in the class. They do not take a strong enough stance on bullying. The academics are good but not great. If you do not go to their church or Grace church plan on not fitting in. They have teachers who are poorly trained and some who clearly need to retire.

This school has great and caring staff. Don't get me wrong not all are superb but none are. They walk the walk and talk the talk, they are not Christian by name alone. If you want your child to feel truly part of a community send them here. Don't look for any life long friendships unless you have been there since day one, the parents are pretty snobby, however the love and attention by staff are second to none.

Last modified Parkway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12