Bad
Good

I've had two students go through Eastwood schools and I have no complaints. The principal, teachers, and staff really seem to care about the students.

We have sent 4 of our children through Eastwood. Like any school, you will sometimes get a teacher that isn't ideal, but except for 1 exception, we have found all of our sons' teachers to be exceptional and caring. The receptionist is helpful and friendly and I would say that most of the teachers we have had were of the highest caliber. For those reviewers who were concerned about the principal, there is a new principal there as of last year. For those who were concerned about bullying, one of my children was bullied during the first year he attended. The principal immediately talked with both children and parents (separately) and the teacher and recess aides. When it occurred some more. They did a bully training thing with several of the classes in his grade level, with reminder signs in the hallways and again talked to the main child and parents. We had no further problems and our son is actually friends with this child now. There seems to be about 25 students in each classroom and the school facilities are excellent. The building is new and large with large gym, cafeteria and stage, music room, art room, large well equipped playground and is in a quiet area.

I am quite disappointed with eastwood school, my daughter would come home with bruises all over her legs and hips and I would ask her how she got them, she said that a boy in her class keeps kicking her , we addressed it with the teacher and nothing seemed to get done. So my husband went and talked to the teacher again and nothing again and then I wrote a note and they both were sent to the vice princ. office and they were supposed 'talk it out' 3rd graders talking it out, what a joke. It just seems to keep happening. And not to mention that the extended school program that they said my child needed to be in , produced no results . My daughter comes home everyday and this kid is still bulling her. It is also way to big , it needs to be smaller.

Last modified Eastwood School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.