Bad
Good

Swartz Creek High School 3

Posted April 15, 2014
Why is nobody posting about Swartz Creek Schools? We are trying to find info about the middle and high schools and there have been no postings in years. Someone please, please post so we have an idea! We need to make a decision soon....there or Durand?

Swartz Creek High School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
If you add the intrest it is $18 million and the addition will be used only by a select few students. I just want to 20 houses in my neighborhood and 1/2 the people are saying NO. Theu also want to know WHERE IS MY VOTE. The citizens of Swartz-Creek WANT A VOTE on 18 million. My home number is 810-630-8888 I am working on the petition right now. If you want to stop them call me.

Posted April 22, 2008
I'm a student at Swartz Creek High School, and I've been learning ever since my Freshman year that the people who should have the most say are the ones who are affected by it. Us students, are lowest on the food chain. Therefore, we are affected the most. I used to enjoy Swartz Creek, throughout my middle school career. But now, I see how far we've fallen in the educational department. Some of our teachers, are the most dedicated people involved in my life. While the rest of them, don't even belong here. They don't want to teach, they have told us this to our faces during class. So why are they here? In brutal honesty, our school is physically and educationally falling to peices. It's awful to be here. Something must be done! And besides, our principal is a tyrant.

Swartz Creek High School 1

Posted March 14, 2008
This school has a huge drug problem that does not seem to be addressed. Administrators feel that it is necessaary to send struggling students over to the alternative school rather than supporting them. The student success program does not work for all students, therefore individual needs are not met.

Posted October 28, 2007
As a teacher and parent, I was not impressed with Swartz Creek High School. Only a few teachers seemed to really care about my child's success. The rest acted as if they did not have the time of the day for him or myself. I'm not sure, but this could be due to overcrowding. A bigger school is much needed. There is also a huge problem with drugs that the school refuses to address. My son gave me many names of students that were involved and these names were passed on to school officials, but nothing was done. I think that at least the parents should have been notified to give them an opportunity to handle allegations in their own manner. Pretty much myself and others were not impressed!

Posted April 10, 2006
I have had a great experience with the high school. I feel like my concerns are heard and addressed in a timely fashion. Compared to other schools in the county, I'm glad my child attends Swartz Creek.

Posted February 02, 2006
Too many kids in such a small old school. This district has overgrown its building. Class room sizes to big with out of date science rooms. Teachers are great! But, it is time for a tremedous update building wise. Sports activities have a hard time competing with surrounding schools! Also needs to change!

Posted September 27, 2005
Fine school, but needs to concentrate on our athletics. Terrible coaching is not getting the best out of our athlets thus when a child is seen to be good the parents are moving him or her to another school. I.E. you get what u pay for

Posted December 09, 2004
I am a graduate of swartz creek high myself and now have 2 boys in the high school. I think this school is great except for 1 thing. The football program. Both my boys play football; in fact my youngest was on the winning 2004 freshman team this year- but the coaching situation needs to be addressed. There are a lot of parents who do not say anything for fear of their kids not playing. I'm asking..If you have a problem w/ your childs coach...Speak up...It needs to be addressed.

Posted October 01, 2004
My child is a Freshman. I have felt nothing but disappointment since he started. The environment is uncaring and very impersonal. Students dress in a crude manner and the lanquage they use is disturbing. It is nearly impossible to get anywhere near the school to drop off or pick up students. There should be some regulations for which way to go or something. I have yet to get any information on extracurricular activities available to students. From the initial meeting with the counselor who told me that 1000s of kids have survived this school and mine would too, I have been very unimpressed. That was certainly not the response I would have expected to my inquiry of how we could make the transition to this school go smoothly.

Swartz Creek High School
1 Dragon Drive, Swartz Creek, MI  48473
Last modified Swartz Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.