Bad
Good

Why is nobody posting about Swartz Creek Schools? We are trying to find info about the middle and high schools and there have been no postings in years. Someone please, please post so we have an idea! We need to make a decision soon....there or Durand?

If you add the intrest it is $18 million and the addition will be used only by a select few students. I just want to 20 houses in my neighborhood and 1/2 the people are saying NO. Theu also want to know WHERE IS MY VOTE. The citizens of Swartz-Creek WANT A VOTE on 18 million. My home number is 810-630-8888 I am working on the petition right now. If you want to stop them call me.

I'm a student at Swartz Creek High School, and I've been learning ever since my Freshman year that the people who should have the most say are the ones who are affected by it. Us students, are lowest on the food chain. Therefore, we are affected the most. I used to enjoy Swartz Creek, throughout my middle school career. But now, I see how far we've fallen in the educational department. Some of our teachers, are the most dedicated people involved in my life. While the rest of them, don't even belong here. They don't want to teach, they have told us this to our faces during class. So why are they here? In brutal honesty, our school is physically and educationally falling to peices. It's awful to be here. Something must be done! And besides, our principal is a tyrant.

This school has a huge drug problem that does not seem to be addressed. Administrators feel that it is necessaary to send struggling students over to the alternative school rather than supporting them. The student success program does not work for all students, therefore individual needs are not met.

As a teacher and parent, I was not impressed with Swartz Creek High School. Only a few teachers seemed to really care about my child's success. The rest acted as if they did not have the time of the day for him or myself. I'm not sure, but this could be due to overcrowding. A bigger school is much needed. There is also a huge problem with drugs that the school refuses to address. My son gave me many names of students that were involved and these names were passed on to school officials, but nothing was done. I think that at least the parents should have been notified to give them an opportunity to handle allegations in their own manner. Pretty much myself and others were not impressed!

Last modified Swartz Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.