Posted October 05, 2013
My child is in the honors and advanced classes and we are pleased with the education he is receiving. The teachers are wonderful and care about the kids. Certainly, there are problems but they are the same problems other schools face. My son is in band, roboticsn quiz bowl and a host of other activities. High school is what you make of it and the people you surround yourself with.

Posted August 23, 2013
Kennedy is not as bad as everyone says it is....It depends on who you hangout with. And the work isn't that hard. its common sense.

John F. Kennedy High School 2

Posted August 02, 2012
I was a student at John F. Kennedy and if I could use one word for it it would stressful. The classes were severely over sized and it made it very difficult for teachers to give students the individual attention they deserved. Classes were often loud and disruptive, often it feels like the teachers were on their last line and had just given up, and I do not blame them because of what they're going through. That is not to say that there weren't any good teachers, there were plenty of amazing teachers, but they tended to be on the higher up classes (such as AP and advanced.) The school tended to focus on things that did not matter, such as rules with hats and skirt lengths, rather than the real issues of bullying and disruptive behavior. They also had it in place where only one bathroom was open for most of the day while having a rule if you were tardy to class once (the first time, even) you risked a detention, while limiting passes to the restroom. This not only made students feel untrusted and looked down upon by getting the basic right of using a public restroom taken away, it made us feel more stressed than ever. I do not suggest this school at all.

John F. Kennedy High School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
I wish to stay anonymous but I would like to express my concern with the secretary, Barb I believe her name is who works in the main office. She is really rude, and does not make a first good impression for the school. Common courtesy for visitors of the school whether, parents, family members, students, sub teachers is key. Next time I will be more than happy to report her to the principal.

John F. Kennedy High School 1

Posted September 05, 2011
I am a staff member (I intend to stay anonymous) I must agree with the other post....Why hasn't the state taken this school? If a student gets in trouble its automatic suspension...the students tested at Kennedy compare to that of Detroit public school students.While taylor is becoming the city on the grow, Kennedy is becoming why our children are graduating with a ninth grade education, if they graduate at all...very sad.

Posted March 19, 2011
While Kennedy comes with all the drama of your average high school, it's the staff and their additude that set it a part. If you are respectful and are willing to work for what you want, they will do everything in their power to lift you up as high as you can go and give you as many opportunities as possible.

John F. Kennedy High School 1

Posted July 30, 2010
i went there from 09-10 and it was the worse school ive ever seen i dont know why the state hasn't taken over the school yet

John F. Kennedy High School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
Kennedy was a good school when my kids were there.All of my kids went to college and two graduated from college and have good jobs. The third child has just completed her sophmore year at Wayne State making the dean`s list every semester. The kids have to have some motivation to do things theirselves along with their parents giving a dam about them. Parents need to be parents not their kids friend. Proud graduate of 1979

John F. Kennedy High School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
I am a former student at JFK and am currently attending Thornapple Kellog High in Middleville. I personaly hated the school. It had a bad grading system, too big of classes and funding for the school was unexceptable for other standards. There had been some great teachers in the process such as Mr.Sommerville, Mrs.Stoddard, Mr.Jasue and many other satff members. Overall the school needs great improvement

John F. Kennedy High School 5

Posted February 10, 2010

John F. Kennedy High School
13505 J F Kennedy Dr, Taylor, MI  48180
Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.